ikkigooners
Star II
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_16.0615.1908.109
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Last edited by ikkigooners on 2019/9/5 18:21 LOOK AT MY LAST POST, IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED SINCE THIS WAS POSTED.
Hi, ever since the new update, my camera took a blurry photo if the object is more than 1 meter (and infinity), the focus is fine with object less than 1 meter (up to around 10 cm). The firmware is WW.Phone-16.0615.1905.102-0 and my Camera app version is 4.2.11.4_19064.
  • I already tried to reset my phone twice, but it still takes a blurry photo.
  • Tried formatting cache partition, still blurry.
  • Resetting the camera app, still blurry.
  • Tried changing saving location from MicroSD to internal is still blurry
  • The bug is only in main camera, the ultra-wide is not affected.
  • Pro mode's manual focus is also take blurry photo even with the slider is cranked to infinite.
Here's the example in 10 cm distance (good focus): Here's when taking photo with 1+ meter (blurry): 100% crop, so blurry. Waiting for firmware fix ASAP.Can't afford to bring the phone to service center as the nearest service center is located at 5 hours driving (200+ km, shitty road) from my location. Thanks.
30 REPLIES 30

varunanduri
Star I
Same problem with my device, going to service center mostly today or tomorrow. Will update the details shortly.

Jolokoko
Star I
It's disappointing that no answer from ASUS yet, I wonder if they still care about this phone model

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Jolokoko
Thank you for your asking. First of all, recently users are discussing about the issue of ZS620KL(5Z) camera can't focus but not ZE620KL(5) issue, so do the users above. I am not sure if you are in the same page with them or not. However, I mentioned before, no matter your model is, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

If you have any further queries after visiting the ASUS Repair Center, please do not hesitate to contact me and PM me your RMA no.

@Christine_ASUS Hi, I also have the same problem. My phone is Asus Zenfone 5. After the update, my main rear camera became blurry and cannot focus. My wide angle camera takes a better photo than my rear main camera. I likewise tried my main rear camera while on safe mode and still my main rear camera isnt focusing.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ronnekendrickuy08
Thank you for your asking. Please bring the device to the repair center for further checking. If your model is 5Z, the issue is now under investigation as below.
Yulius Mai

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5z
  2. Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70_20200320
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Please help Camera not focus, just can take near area only

P51VQU20D8FN.jpg

J8FWYM3ZXMDI.jpg

Zenfone 5z Camera Not FOCUS