Did you mean: 

Name of the Google Account as displayed in Settings>System>About phone

srota
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z - ZS620KL
Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A (I have only a question !)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I had changed my name in my Google account (only my name, not the e-mail address or password) and this new name was correctly showing up in all places where the Google Account was shown (eg. Google, Chrome, Play Store etc.).
However, under Settings>>System>>About phone the name of the phone owner was still displayed with the initial name of my Google Account (the name of the Google Account valid at the time the phone was initially activated) .
To avoid possible conflicts I now returned to the old name in my Google Account, so everything seems at least to be coherent.
My question: is it possible to also change the name of the phone owner as displayed the Settings>System>About phone once the name of the Google Account has been changed ? (note: I do not want to change the name of the device).
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi srota
Thank you for your asking. Can you assist me to check if the two places below have your initial name or new name?
1. Settings>Google
2. Settings>Accounts
It may because the limitation of the spec, please try
Change your google name>Settings>System>Backup>Back up to Google Drive>Reset options>Erase all data (factory reset)>log-in your account with the new google name

srota
Rising Star I
Dear Christine_Asus, thank for your kind reply.
Concerning your questions:
When I changed the name of my Google Account under Setting>Google the new name was shown. Under Accounts I am no more sure , I returned to the old name in the meantime: my impression is that the old name was still shown in the top title Accounts for 'name' (in the detail list of accounts the Gmail email address is shown for the Google account and the Outlook email address is shown for the Microsoft related accounts.)
In any case: now that I returned to the old name of my Google Account, the old name is shown both under Settings>Google and under Settings>Accounts ( top title Accounts for 'name' ).
Concerning the step of resetting the phone to factory reset, I am pretty sure that, as a result of it, the desired result will be achieved and the new name of the Google Account will also be shown under Settings>System>About phone. However it is not worth for me doing this at this time. The phone is working fine , I am using it extensively during the day for calls, emails and messages , I prefer to keep it available. As I said, having returned to the old name in the Google Account, everything is looking coherent inside the phone itself. Overall, the issue seems to be mainly of a cosmetic nature. It may well be a design feature. Thanks , in any case!