This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Justice to flagship, Atleast zenui 7 top of Android 10 OR Android 11 top of zenui 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: forever
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): system
Time has come ASUS has started beta testing for 6z as its regular cycle why skip 5z as a flagship i personally feel 5z is best device ASUS has made till date with lesser hardware issues comparing 6z n rog series also 5z is most sold smartphone till date for ASUS in flagship range m happy with dedicated support till date for 5z and still ongoing for more few months
But as a flagship owner want to tell ASUS that is 5z really worth to be called as flagship 👇
1.No vowifi
2.No prime hd
3.No ARCORE
4.No camera UI improvements even after Zenui 6
5.No dedicated nightmode for capable sensor in camera app
6.Touch panel stutters in games exists since Android 8 (which we and mods are still fighting to get fix from devs )
even after several requests since months from 5z users no hard push from ASUS for 5z users why? No requested features are seen
If thats fine not to give it to 5z owners than its ok
But to fill this huge gap can asus make us happy with surprising decision like more 6 months update cycle with implementations like atleast providing
*ZENUI 7 on Android 10 itself
OR
*Android 11/R on top of ZENUI 6 itslef
I wish atleast ASUS will reconsider our request and justice 5z as a flagship before ending up support to 5z
@Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @STARRAIN_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Y_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @gabriel_prado @ga278057 @gabriel95
299 REPLIES 299

darkknight
Rising Star I
I have clearly read all posts and topic of this thread that's why I commented there is no need of new UI or A11 update, right?
@Dir3WolF @amitgarde3
I mean why? Why we badly need A11 update?
First read what's A11 about :
Features and APIs Overview  |  Android Developers

TheseMood
Rising Star II
I am a Zenfone 5 user. Android 10 update has not arrived yet. It is said that ZenUI will not even exist: d. Zefone 5z received this update at the end of 2019. This year is ending and is still missing. Asus said they will provide support for 18 months. This supports even after 18 months. If Android 11 or ZenUI7 comes (impossible in my opinion) Update support will be extended for another year. And this support is expensive as I understand from Zenfone 5. No matter how much the phone is sold, the 5z is now an older generation phone. Instead of being pleased that the 2 version updates keep their promise, your eyes are getting higher. I hope asus does not cut support.

dsmehta185
Star II
Yes, Asus we 5Z users deserve this. We have invested our hard earned money on your so called flagship phone. Android 10 after its launch was unstable and buggy for almost 9 months. I had to downgrade to A9 for better performance and battery. Also, we have been requesting basic features like ARcore, better camera and Prime HD for more than 2 years now. Please provide them and compensate us with atleast zenui 6 on A11. May be this would give an urge to the existing user base of 5Z to upgrade to future devices of Asus. Otherwise, you may lose your user base after releasing such a good phone.
Wannabe loyal Asus customer

R_2
Rising Star II
Dir3WolF

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107049#Comment_107049

Poco f1 doesn't received any updated gpu drivers , its still the same V415.

View post
Really? Someone on xda said v464 is default on latest miui 12...

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
darkknight

I have clearly read all posts and topic of this thread that's why I commented there is no need of new UI or A11 update, right?

@Dir3WolF @amitgarde3

I mean why? Why we badly need A11 update?

First read what's A11 about :

https://developer.android.com/preview/features

View post
You don't need it? You can stay outdated. The changes that an update would bring? One more year of support and, with that, chances of getting functions that should be here since Pie and we still don't have.
R.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107662#Comment_107662

Really? Someone on xda said v464 is default on latest miui 12...

View post
For SD865 devices only. Anyway, ASUS should bring it as it is not hard via Magisk and no bugs at all.