This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought of upgrading to ZenPhone 7 Pro, but no!

Rangzen
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenPhone 7
Firmware Version: .171
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Really Asus? Was so pumped to upgrade to 7 Pro but you ditched the headphone jack. Watched MKHPD's unboxing video and said Asus ran a poll asking opinions and found out most of the users favoured Bluetooth. Really? Not that I ever came across such poll asking for opinions.
Already disgusted by your buggy OS but still wanted to upgrade. Hate Chinese phone and overrated Samsung and apple. And now this high horse behaviour on your part. You just lost a potential customer.
24 REPLIES 24

Monark
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107496#Comment_107496

Bruh all I meant to state was Zenfone 7 is better than Zenfone 6 in almost every way

Stating feedback is fine but cribbing that the phone is shit cos it lacks a jack is meh

And who is mkphd lol? (It's Mkbhd)

And when did he unbox Zenfone 7 pro and state that "Asus ran a poll and claimed that users want bt" 🙄

Sorry pal but that was done by oneplus back when they launched oneplus 6t

Get your facts right before starting anything

View post
Yeah that's correct, the two people who did review were dave 2d and super saf. Mkbhd still didn't review zenfone 7. All of you guys are acting like it is the only company to remove headphone jack everybody knows somehow they have to take a bold decision in the future to remove headphone jack and they did it. Plus they are giving many improvements over 6 which you can't deny. And they are also releasing two models which is also good.
Yeah they didn't gave any new features for zenfone 6 till now let's hope we will get zenui 7 i am also becoming tired for asking new customizations and features. I am curious to know what devs are doing all the time🤦‍♂️

Rangzen
Rising Star II

Averan

Bruh all I meant to state was Zenfone 7 is better than Zenfone 6 in almost every way

Stating feedback is fine but cribbing that the phone is shit cos it lacks a jack is meh

And when did he unbox Zenfone 7 pro and state that "Asus ran a poll and claimed that users want bt" 🙄

View post
What an an idiot. You think I have something to gain from lying here? On the other hand, Marqueus Brownlee has now taken down the video. Do check the Twitter feed of @Asus, you will find all the reviewer that you mentioned tagging @asus. What a butthurt paid brand loyalist.
Averan

View post
screenshot-20200830-175803468-281-29.jpg

htc42342530
Star I
Benjamin Bernhardsson

My dude. The headphone jack isn't needed anymore. Cheap Bluetooth headphones have surpassed cheap wired ones anyway, don't let that small thing ruin the 7 pro.

Think about the AMOLED screen and everything else that's coming 😮

View post
It's not a matter of price, but Sound Quality, and batterylife. Plus the ability to connect to an amplifier with AUX. Like your home HiFi system or an older car sterio ect.
With wire you can connect you excellent headphones, instead og having to buy some shitty BT earbugs.
And you never ran out of battery, before your phone does.
My girlfriend have a phone without Jack, and it have showen to be a downside pretty often actually.

petteyg359
Star III
Rangzen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107214#Comment_107214

Do get your hands on LG V-series, probably the only smartphone manufucter in the market that focuses on audiophiles, they come with built-in LDAC which is a bliss for high quality music listeners. Din't like the current line up with notches on display - the biggest bummer.

View post
All Android phones have LDAC since 8.0. That's got nothing to do with LG.

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Averan

Idk why are you guys complaining so much

Zenfone 7 comes with a 90hz HDR 10+ Samsung panel (with a maximum brightness of 1000 nits)

Camera setup- imx 686 + imx 363 + telephoto 3x zoom (12x optical zoom)

64+12+8

Base zf7 lacks OIS but zf7pro has dual OIS (one for main lens and one for telephoto)

The new triple flip setup is much better than last year's the motor system has been improved and this time the limit of flips is 200k double than last year's

Both phones can do 4k 60/120 and 8k 30 fps with EIS

Motion tracking and everything is retained

Plus there are various new tricks the flip cam can do now

3 microphones with ozo audio technology:

https://ift.tt/3gHtTAu

Asus has retained sd card slot,notification led and even has a physical fp scanner for that matter

The side mounted fp scanner could be used in 3 ways: fp reader,smart key,power button

Stereo speakers are present

Snapdragon 865 with 5g modem (865+ on pro model)

Lpddr5 ram with Ufs 3.1 storage

5000mah battery with 30W fast charging

Only thing it lacks is a jack and considering the market trend right now your only options with a jack are sadly LG and Sony right now

Lg has a terrible update schedule meh UI and no development

Sony is overpriced af and again not so great ui or update schedule

Asus meanwhile has good development for both roms and gcam (developer seeding program)

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-7-Pro-ZS671KS/

Just see the specsheet there are so many little additions here and there

Plus the new Zen UI 7 is very well optimised (Rog 3 has the same)

You get new audiowizard ui,new battery care additions,smooth ui animations,Rog game genie with features like fps meter and real time info

View post
Its not a matter of specs only guys... It would be idiotic if zenfone7 didnt have better specs than the6( As any other model ) the matter is how you optimise the enviroment of your devices and how well made they are. Specs of zenfone 6 last year were top notch...and still are in a very good level but lets all agree that mistakes were made. Although the support from this forum deserves credit that cant make up motherboard mulfunctions and other hardware issues... Hope the new model to be better and we ( owners of zenfone6) to be able to use the zenui7.