This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zenbook q407iq (r5 4500U, MX350) not waking up from sleep(s2idle)

wyj1017146866
Star I
System: linux 5.7.7, and windows 10 2004
Battery or AC: both
Model: q407iq
Frequency of occurrence: nearly always
Reset OS: tried several times
Screenshot or video: not possible to make it a screenshot
========================
Detailed description:
System cannot weak up from sleep on keyboard or mouse interruption. Opening the lid may weak it up, but it does not always work.
23 REPLIES 23

clinta16
Star I
I'm also experiencing this issue. Same exact model: zenbook 14 q407iq. After standby for a few minutes, the keyboard won't work so I need to reboot my device for the keyboard to work again. I used the Myasus app to update everything as well as the Windows update. I'm currently in version 2004. I just bought the laptop last week. So there's almost no other apps installed aside from chrome and microsoft office that may cause glitch in the system. I'm only using Windows Security as my antivirus. I think this is a bug issue. I hope Asus will release an update very soon or I'll return this unit and get a Lenovo or HP instead.

joshdmalone
Star I
Exact same problem. Bought and open box and had keyboard stop working when computer went to sleep. Tried a new computer at the store. Exact same problem. PLEASE FIX THIS ASUS!

joshdmalone
Star I
FWIW: The only way I've found to resolve this:
Completely disable sleep & enable hibernation. That seems to work fine, just takes a bit longer to startup (thankfully not too much longer with with SSD). I think it's the best solution for now.
Alternatively, enable both sleep & hibernation, then when the keyboard stops working after sleep use the trackpad to enter hibernation (I typically do this with Face login & then from Windows start menu). The keyboard will work again after hibernation.
I hope this helps other and ASUS fixes this bug quickly.

ScienceDad02
Star I
Just adding that I've experience this exact same behavior. BIOS 300 & 301 don't resolve the problem.

wyj1017146866
Star I
I rechecked the log I posted and, for me, I am still not sure what happened when suspending, but for resuming, it is highly likely that the display is not properly resumed.
Besides, from @joshdmalone's solution 2, it is also highly likely to be display related: the system is actually on, however the display is still off.
So there is probably a bug in display related part, which might be possible to fix by a bios update.
So ASUS please do sth.