This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO 1080p on Netflix/Amazon Prime Videos

paras0710
Rising Star II
Despite being L1 Widevine certified Phone Asus 6z does not support 1080p resolution on Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos. Netflix only support 720 HD and there is no way i can check Prime Videos max resolution but it certainly looks even poorer than 720 that may be because Amazon require Mircosoft Playready DRM instead Googles Widevine  which Asus 6z does not support.
 Please Asus fix this issue with Netflix by contacting them and ask them to certify your flagship phone by adding adding 1080p or even HDR support like One plus 7 phones. 
Aslo please check prime video issue. Please 
18 REPLIES 18

Sreekiran
Star III
Actually, you are right. It is only 720p in Netflix. Asus team?

paras0710
Rising Star II
Sreekiran said:
Actually, you are right. It is only 720p in Netflix. Asus team?
I think it is the problem with Netflix as i was searching and found even Samsung s10 have this problem. Only Netflix shows are running in 1080p try to play 'Bright' also movie 'Zero' plays on full screen and quality looks 1080p. Acc to some Netflix says it depends on content if it is available to play on your device in particular resolution.

But Asus should have pass this phone with Netflix as HDR compatible device to play HDR content.

paras0710
Rising Star II
And For Prime Video i contacted Amazon this is theirs reply.
I'm sorry to hear that you unable to streaming HD Video in your android device.

I have checked and see that currently HD Video streaming is not available in android device. I regret for the inconvenience caused.

To help you with this, I’ve taken this as a feedback and forwarded your interest to our Prime Video Business team for future consideration.

However, I couldn't speculate exact time frame when this feature will be available.

Whenever a customer writes us with a suggestion it is forwarded to our Prime Video team internally but you may not receive a confirmation.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sreekiran
Star III
I don't think that is the issue. Prime plays in HD in a few of my friend's phones. Their executive lacks knowledge.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Sreekiran said:
I don't think that is the issue. Prime plays in HD in a few of my friend's phones. Their executive lacks knowledge.
No i forgot that they had a feud. By they i i mean Google and Amazon. That is why there was no YouTube on fire sticks and no prime HD and Chromecast support for Android(sony and some other Android tv and Nvidia shield was exception). Now it has ended and amazon started to support Chromecast few weeks back only.