Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthrough power - how is it works?

kagdmhh
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 3
========================================
When I attach the charging cable to the phone it's charging, doesn't matter which port I use.
How can I activate passthrough charging/power which means the battery is not charging only the phone gets energy from the cable?
Or I misunderstood the reviews about the phone?
11 REPLIES 11

Jan_Darrel
Star III
imbackatyou

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107422#Comment_107422

You seemed to be misunderstood the pass through vs limiter. LIMITER is when the charger stop charging the phone in 80%, 90% or 100% but it doesn't mean that the battery is not getting power from the charger when you are playing. It still the battery who gives power for the phone and the charger is still giving power for the battery and while you are playing it drains the battery but on a contrary the charger is still charging the battery so that's why its still 90%. PASS THROUGH is when the charger is "DIRECTLY" giving the power for the phone so the battery won't be drain and being charged by the charger to reduce heating. Just imagine a laptop that doesn't have a battery but you can use it while charging because the adapter is directly giving the laptop a power. And its the same concept for the pass through.

View post
i know what limiter is and pass-through power but did you see my screenshot ampere app? the charger is not giving power to the battery to maintain its % but the phone to be alive when plugged by adapter my explaination is base on my experience not base on theory.
When using Ampere app without charger plug you can see negative ampere means its consuming power on the battery but in my experience its not.

kranthi_panga
Star III
Jan Darrel

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107428#Comment_107428

i know what limiter is and pass-through power but did you see my screenshot ampere app? the charger is not giving power to the battery to maintain its % but the phone to be alive when plugged by adapter my explaination is base on my experience not base on theory.

When using Ampere app without charger plug you can see negative ampere means its consuming power on the battery but in my experience its not.

View post
Your reasoning with ampere app numbers sounds good and exciting. So the passthru feature working in disguise of charging limit, when charging limit is set to 80% or 90% or 100% and it won't work when battery level is less than 80%.

Maybe once feature is rolled out to appear in game genie, it would support at all battery levels.