This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought of upgrading to ZenPhone 7 Pro, but no!

Rangzen
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenPhone 7
Firmware Version: .171
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Really Asus? Was so pumped to upgrade to 7 Pro but you ditched the headphone jack. Watched MKHPD's unboxing video and said Asus ran a poll asking opinions and found out most of the users favoured Bluetooth. Really? Not that I ever came across such poll asking for opinions.
Already disgusted by your buggy OS but still wanted to upgrade. Hate Chinese phone and overrated Samsung and apple. And now this high horse behaviour on your part. You just lost a potential customer.
24 REPLIES 24

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Thanks for the advice but personaly i plan to keep the zenfone6 for 3 more years if thats possible... I used to be an iphone user for9 years and i did a lot of research before buying zenfone6 as my first android device. I had some serious issues with it that have been fixed now... I am gonna stick with zenfone6 for a long time. Zenfone7 doesnt seem an appealing device to me anyways. Hope nothing else to happen...

Rangzen
Rising Star II
johnCforVTS

Thanks for the advice but personaly i plan to keep the zenfone6 for 3 more years if thats possible... I used to be an iphone user for9 years and i did a lot of research before buying zenfone6 as my first android device. I had some serious issues with it that have been fixed now... I am gonna stick with zenfone6 for a long time. Zenfone7 doesnt seem an appealing device to me anyways. Hope nothing else to happen...

View post
Wasn't suggesting you to switch over in any means, was just sharing what I know with like-minded. Of course, I have love & hate relationship with my ZenPhone 6, the new 7 Pro, however, seemed to tick most my bucket list, in particular OIS on cameras and better display, but let down with abandonment of headphone jack. Anyway, what's done can't be undone. Thanks bud 👍

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
Rangzen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107177#Comment_107177

Are you Asus, dimwit?

View post
No, I'm not. I don't remember, when I plugged in wired headphones to my phone. It's not necessary in 2020. Headphone jack takes a lot of space in such small and overpacked device as smartphone. It's not bad if jack is present, but nothing wrong if missing.

mastervishikh
Rising Star I
Even if headphone jack is not there. You should be able to route audio via the USB-C port. Just get a USB-C to 3.55mm connector.

kk454347
Rising Star I
I feel that since Asus offered 2 different phones, the lesser model should have included the headphone jack cause its something I'm looking for in a phone. Hopefully next time they decide to do a survey, we will be included in the process