Master
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 2
Firmware Version:latest
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence: happened once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):--
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I use the built-in function to charge my phone overnight, keeping it close from 80%.
But for some reason, the phone didn't charged at all during the night (and it was correctly connected) and once I disabled it, it started charging.
5 REPLIES 5

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Master

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:ROG 2
  2. Firmware Version:latest
  3. Rooted or not:not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: happened once
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):--

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I use the built-in function to charge my phone overnight, keeping it close from 80%.

But for some reason, the phone didn't charged at all during the night (and it was correctly connected) and once I disabled it, it started charging.

phone did not charge over night
Are you talking about Battery Care?
Do you see if the charge icon in the battery from the notification bar?

Master
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/34177/phone-did-not-charge-over-night

Are you talking about Battery Care?

Do you see if the charge icon in the battery from the notification bar?

View post
Yes I was talking about Battery care, sorry my system is not in English so I didn't knew what was the name of it

I do remember seeing a charge icon but not the hypercharge one, just tested right now and my phone is charging while on battery care

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Master

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106953#Comment_106953

Yes I was talking about Battery care, sorry my system is not in English so I didn't knew what was the name of it

I do remember seeing a charge icon but not the hypercharge one, just tested right now and my phone is charging while on battery care

View post
Battery Care will be active between those times and it wont use hypercharge because it will defeat the purpose of using Bqttery Care. It will keep it at 80% and as it gets to the set end time, it will gradually increase to 100% battery.
This is normal and you dont need to worry as long you get charged to at least 80% when battery care is active.

Master
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107053#Comment_107053

Battery Care will be active between those times and it wont use hypercharge because it will defeat the purpose of using Bqttery Care. It will keep it at 80% and as it gets to the set end time, it will gradually increase to 100% battery.

This is normal and you dont need to worry as long you get charged to at least 80% when battery care is active.

View post
When I created the post, I slept with my phone at around 22% and woke up with 22%, I don't know if this could have been a software issue thinking I was at 80% but for now it works as intended