himverma2012
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone-3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2007.47
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Dialer
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Video calling option is not available in native dialer. How can I do video calls without 3rd party apps?😕
17 REPLIES 17

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107041#Comment_107041

So Asus only does what other brands do? Nothing innovative, or nothing from user requests?

Why do you guys always support Asus by showing other brands? Huh? Fanboyism has limits.

View post
Heres nothing like fanboyisms m user since 2014 and i alredy have answers which we had frequently discussed with mods since then so which i felt must share those to you as you have a same question which we had earlier once nd many times and the answer is this " for now they still dont have any plans to bring this native video call option to dailer "
And yes ASUS works in diffrent way always ready to work for priority features more than show off and less reliable features dailer video call option once was a most wanted feature but after a year itself most of apps came in with video call options so this has been skipped by asus
According to them users dont use dailer video calling option much rather they prefer 3 rd party apps
Also most of times this dailer video call fails to work flawlessly but 3 rd party apps always work great as per my experinces so i too think this dailer video call option is just show off which fails to connect most of the times due to various many reasons

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi himverma2012,
Can you tell me what's your Network provider?

sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
Nilotpal

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107012#Comment_107012

Bro i use this feature everyday 4-5 times because other person doesn't have good internet access so only native video call via jio is the only option but a 50k phone doesn't have this feature

View post
I found a work around for native video calling. download googles "phone" and "contact" and set as default app.
If you don't get the video call option in the contact list or its disabled, then open that contact and u can see the video call option right beside the phone no.
I hope this works for you.
@ARP_ASUS It would be really nice if asus could enable this feature in their native dialer for better user experience.

Thank you.

sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107012#Comment_107012

Not every phone supports native dailer video calling support do asus decided not to put this feature to priority list as now a days many users just use 3rd party apps for video calls

View post
Okay, so you want to say that people who don't uses 3rd party app they can't/shouldn't do video calling?
Correct me if I am wrong. I think calling is the basic feature of a phone, that's why it was invented. So as a high-end phone it should support this I guess.

sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi himverma2012,

Can you tell me what's your Network provider?

View post
JIO & AIRTEL doesn't support this as of now.