ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Starlord
Star III
shreepatsitap1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107217#Comment_107217

Yes bro same even I am facing this issue even I got replacement then also having same issue

1598613489985.jpg

1598613489085.jpg

1598613489966.jpg

1598613488883.jpg

1598613488946.jpg

1598611322047.jpg

1598613488576.jpg

For this setting Red tint increase your brightness to see magic 😑

1598613489977.jpg

View post
Hi bro,
I think the issue is on all variants of the rog 3, so a replacement is ofcourse not going to solve anything.
I have also given up any hopes of the display issues being solved by an upcoming FOTA UPDATE.
P.S Do let me know about the replacement/refund process by Flipkart ( like how to highlight these issues to them)

sevillaken
Star II
So when will be the next update?

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
sorry guys,I am an Rog 2 user and I have ridiculous amount of red tint ,infact every Rog 2 unit was plagued with it and black crush too.we warned about it and suggested users not to buy Rog 3.no one listened.Only thing you could do is that please try your best to get the refund and shift to other reliable companies,you guys have even spent 40 % more than us(Rog 2 was Rs37999)

Chadi
Star II
anjubunny123

sorry guys,I am an Rog 2 user and I have ridiculous amount of red tint ,infact every Rog 2 unit was plagued with it and black crush too.we warned about it and suggested users not to buy Rog 3.no one listened.Only thing I could is that please try your best to get the refund and shift to other reliable companies,you guys have even spent 40 % more than us(Rog 2 was Rs37999)

View post
Were they able to resolve the issues with the ROG 2's display?

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
Starlord

Hi everyone,

I have the rog 3 - 12/256 variant, the display issues are unbearable. The display reduces the frame rate 60 hz below 25% brightness irrespective of what it shows on the refresh rate icon. There is a red tint. Black crush is unbearable irrespective of the brightness. The display cannot reproduce finner colours, it shows only bright colours.

There is an app called display tester available on the play store, the display on the rog fails miserably on every single test. It becomes clear that the display cannot reproduce finer shades of colour irrespective of the brightness. Fails in the banding test.

I think the issue is hardware related and not just software related. And I think Asus knows about all these issues from day one (the colours in the default wallpapers will prove this). I urge you all to do the display test and see that the display inherently cannot reproduce finer colours. It just substitutes shades of black/grey in the place of finer shades of all colours. Lastly I have asked for a refund from Flipkart which I'm sure they will not approve citing some asinine reason.

I just can't come to terms with the fact that I've flushed ₹57,999 down the drain.

I know that this is more of a rant than a question to be answered but I just wanted to share my frustration with the people who are going through the same.

Thank you Asus for this amazing experience.

View post
Exactly bro, I've tried for refund request 4 times, all are rejected and now my return period got over.