cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search widget

sashastav84
Star II
screenshot-20200708-203730.jpg
Why does the uninstallable widget, on the desktop, search by default uses chrome, and not the google app???
16 REPLIES 16

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi sashastav84
Yes, I understand. Yet since my device hasn't encounter the same issue in Android 10, and I have never gotten similar report from other users. Please provide me the essential video for further checking. Thank you.

dibyarupprk2011
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi sashastav84

Yes, I understand. Yet since my device hasn't encounter the same issue in Android 10, and I have never gotten similar report from other users. Please provide me the essential video for further checking. Thank you.

View post
Is there no specific date for update to rollout fixing the bugs we are encountering??
More how many days we need to use this buggy update???

sashastav84
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi sashastav84

View post

So, I installed 429 version again. I have no root, third-party software. Clean install. In the video you see my screen, it is one. I show my version of the device and actions when I click on the serach bar. As you can see, it even rolls up in chrome. This is not a google app.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Christine_ASUS

Hi sashastav84

Thank you for your reply. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Your current firmware version.

2. Does the issue happen in Android 9 as well?

3. A video recording Search on widget>Tap "Resent apps" button below to show me the app 

If there is any link/video/thread of the same issue on other Russia users please let me know as well.

View post
I think he is saying that the Google widget is not removable.

sashastav84
Star II
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107144#Comment_107144

I think he is saying that the Google widget is not removable.

View post
screenshot-20200828-155401.jpg

Can't you tell the difference between google widget and chrome widget ??? Can you see that this is not a google widget ???? I wrote above that I know that this is the AOSP version and you cannot delete the widget.