ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Hi all , tough i am 5z user but i still follow some news with rog n latest series from asus
Want to share you some good news that
Did you guysz notice same black crush issue in google crome for same HDR youtube videos answer is 'NO '
So would like to tell you guyszz that this is not that serious issue as you guysz are thinking its all about colour ptimisation of display for HDR videos only as this black crush is invisible for same HDR video when played in chrome so dont worry guysz this is surely gonna fix with coming updates which is very close
It is not hardware issue thankfully 😊

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

Hi all , tough i am 5z user but i still follow some news with rog n latest series from asus

Want to share you some good news that

Did you guysz notice same black crush issue in google crome for same HDR youtube videos answer is 'NO '

So would like to tell you guyszz that this is not that serious issue as you guysz are thinking its all about colour ptimisation of display for HDR videos only as this black crush is invisible for same HDR video when played in chrome so dont worry guysz this is surely gonna fix with coming updates which is very close

It is not hardware issue thankfully 😊

View post
I'm observing same black crush in Chrome Web browser too

ratnesh1maurya
Star II
RAIDEN™

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106063#Comment_106063

@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS can you please take this seriously....

Atleast have the decency to make a post for this issue , acknowledge it and give a assurance that we will fix it in next few fota updates..

A device costing this much and the negligence you guys are showing are actually heart breaking...

When people come from Brands like - One plus , Samsung to Asus its kinda the love they have for Asus that bring them here..

As a aftersale service we atleast deserve this much atleast...

AN OFFICIAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE ISSUE AND ASSURANCE FROM ASUS TO FIX IT IN NEXT FEW FOTA UPDATES..

Do reply !! Don't keep this unseened

View post
ROG LOVERS I had also buy rog 3 but when see this display issue I return my device immediately because it's harware faulty issue or cheap quality material utilised by Asus don't by till they people not come with actual solution.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
pradhyumna

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107034#Comment_107034

I'm observing same black crush in Chrome Web browser too

View post
I just claimed this seeing an youtuber claiming and showing that crome doesnt have black crush, ' o dont know how did he came upto than without black crush in crome '🙈😬
Sorry if m wrong i just tried to update as per my knowings i guess you must check only HDR videos from crome for cross verification as NON HDR videos will definetly show black crush in crome claimed by a youtuber

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107035#Comment_107035

I just claimed this seeing an youtuber claiming and showing that crome doesnt have black crush, ' o dont know how did he came upto than without black crush in crome '🙈😬

Sorry if m wrong i just tried to update as per my knowings i guess you must check only HDR videos from crome for cross verification as NON HDR videos will definetly show black crush in crome claimed by a youtuber

View post
I also watched that video claim the same with 160 hz unlocking refresh rate.