This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Will Zenfone 6 get the new, gorgeous-looking Zen UI 7 updates?

TheCuriosCat
Star III
Title, please say yes......🤣
33 REPLIES 33

Bhasky
Rising Star II
VS-KR

Must an UI copy others UI in the market ? Doesn't they deserve to have a different vision of smartphone experience ?

What's the deal to have several phones that gives the same features ?

ZenUI is now something very simple and I prefer that. I like the evolution since the Zenui of zf2.

If I need something that OxygenOS does, then I take a OnePlus

View post
Adding a couple of handy features to Camera / Launcher / Smart Key / System , Will not blind their so called " Vision "
also mere adding of these essential functionalities is NOT copying from others (though they can showcase their level of creativity here ), where you can't even get certain features.. like those are present even in a entry/mid level smartphones ! and this is ASUS Premium Smartphone !
For every new feature we ask if they keep on saying we want users to enjoy Pure/Clean Android, it doesn't looks good... then what's the point of using 855 chipset with fancy spec ? just to play high end games ? , it should be distinct from other smartphones and it should unleash full potential , not providing features/functionalities will NEVER make them special, it's just way of escapism or making customers fool or make customer feel regret about their choice
Zenfone is just a Spec King definitely , not a SMARTphone !

lokesh_k0904
Rising Star I
VS-KR

Must an UI copy others UI in the market ? Doesn't they deserve to have a different vision of smartphone experience ?

What's the deal to have several phones that gives the same features ?

ZenUI is now something very simple and I prefer that. I like the evolution since the Zenui of zf2.

If I need something that OxygenOS does, then I take a OnePlus

View post
But what if their customers are asking those features even then also they will stick to their vision because customer satisfaction is the main key and it should be the vision.if there are no satisfactory customer then what is use of the vision that you are talking about. We are not asking bloatware we also want simplistic ui but if these features ( which I have already mentioned in the comments) are added then it would become more simplistic to use. We are just asking some features that are really usefull for us that's it we are asking as customer.

Skerath
Star III
I do hope they will add things to the existing Zenfone 6 like the software side of the camera & the Smart Key improvements, they did promise us 2 years of major OS upgrades.
About the other things people have said here: While yes, ZenUI isn't as future rich as other ui's like OxygenOS, I still like it. I've used many phones from many brands and so far ZenUI is my favorite, as it's close to stock & not bloated/slow.
Bhasky

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106893#Comment_106893

Adding a couple of handy features to Camera / Launcher / Smart Key / System , Will not blind their so called " Vision "

also mere adding of these essential functionalities is NOT copying from others (though they can showcase their level of creativity here ), where you can't even get certain features.. like those are present even in a entry/mid level smartphones ! and this is ASUS Premium Smartphone !

For every new feature we ask if they keep on saying we want users to enjoy Pure/Clean Android, it doesn't looks good... then what's the point of using 855 chipset with fancy spec ? just to play high end games ? , it should be distinct from other smartphones and it should unleash full potential , not providing features/functionalities will NEVER make them special, it's just way of escapism or making customers fool or make customer feel regret about their choice

Zenfone is just a Spec King definitely , not a SMARTphone !

View post
The point of the 855 chipset is to have flagship level performance for multiple years? & the battery improvements? & other stuff like that. In a sense it's future proofing. IIRC ASUS frequently releases the code of the kernel & allow roots to happen, so I'm sure that even when ASUS stops supporting the Zenfone 6, this device will be able to live on on the new Android without much lag for the coming years.

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Skerath

I do hope they will add things to the existing Zenfone 6 like the software side of the camera & the Smart Key improvements, they did promise us 2 years of major OS upgrades.

About the other things people have said here: While yes, ZenUI isn't as future rich as other ui's like OxygenOS, I still like it. I've used many phones from many brands and so far ZenUI is my favorite, as it's close to stock & not bloated/slow.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106907#Comment_106907

The point of the 855 chipset is to have flagship level performance for multiple years? & the battery improvements? & other stuff like that. In a sense it's future proofing. IIRC ASUS frequently releases the code of the kernel & allow roots to happen, so I'm sure that even when ASUS stops supporting the Zenfone 6, this device will be able to live on on the new Android without much lag for the coming years.

View post
I don't see the future of this device looks that bright ! Gaaaaad bless Users (Being one among ☝️)
** Heart inside expects a lot but
it's pretty sure that it won't be that feature rich in coming updates, just few things will be added by ASUS

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
You're welcome to make a constructive list of features (not present in ZenUi 7) that you want and why these are important to you. This will increase the chance that they will find their way into future updates or at least future products.
ZenFone 6 won't get ALL of the features that can be found in ZenFone 7 but you will get SOME of them in the Android R update. Unfortunately I can't disclose which ones at this point