This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to lock the focus when taking videos on zenfone 6?

Reuben
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 6
Firmware Version: WW_17.1810.2008.171
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I find it quite frustrating that the asus camera app keep trying to refocus when taking selfie videos. I shoot videos of myself playing guitar or singing and I've had to download google camera just for focus lock. Is there any way to lock focus and exposure when taking video on the stock camera app?
3 REPLIES 3

Azwin
Star III
While you recoding a video Just a single tap on the screen will lock 🔐 the AF
To disable the Lock just press the AF icon on the screen
screenshot-20200824-173510378-1.jpg
Reuben

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.1810.2008.171
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I find it quite frustrating that the asus camera app keep trying to refocus when taking selfie videos. I shoot videos of myself playing guitar or singing and I've had to download google camera just for focus lock. Is there any way to lock focus and exposure when taking video on the stock camera app?

Is there a way to lock the focus when taking videos on zenfone 6?

AFTo disable it Press

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Long press on the thing you want to lock focus on

Reuben
Star III
Thanks everyone! I guess i wasnt pressing long enough. it would be nice to see some visual feedback on the screen.. currently the icon under your finger turns green but that isnt very helpful. a message saying "af locked" before i click record would be nice.