This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How common is the camera rattle?

Androiduk2016
Star II
I've read a few concerning reports that people's camera results? As if there's a loose piece in it.

How many people has this happened to? 
8 REPLIES 8

ColorSage
Zen Master I
This camera can rattle by design. When motor closes the camera it is relatively tight until you place zenfone in a loose pocket and start moving or put down a few times on a solid surface. Then it gets loose and starts rattling. In that case you can light up your screen and tap the camera housing a few times (it will retract automatically) or click power button a few times (every time it corrects a bit). For sound dampening effect I've placed a bit of insulation tape into the hole, however it certainly will rattle from time to time. I hope it won't get worse after a year or two. 

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
i am not sure why people are forcefully trying to shake their device just to see if it rattles. for me it doesn't unless u shake it with extreme force and why would somebody do that. as already pointed by @ColorSage if you think its completely loose there are ways to get it back in the correct position.

aarkayy31
Star III
Mostly it's fine. Very rarely does it rattle but I just click retract camera option and it's fixed.

Like others said, it's just how it's designed.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Autofocus lense of camera rattles when shake in all phones.