This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Asus 6z (automatically shuts down won't start easily)

girishsonu2000
Rising Star II
I'm facing this weird usual issue
Where my phone automatically shuts down and will start after 2-3 attempts 
I think it's a new bug that came with latest software update
Is there any way to fix this? 
58 REPLIES 58

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
SagarP

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94671#Comment_94671

@LP_ASUS

So after this above post, my phone started and worked for about 8-9 hours and then in the evening it switched off again before giving the same sim card not being detected for 10-20 times and the toggle button going on/off. When I kept the phone aside to cool down and check after an hour the phone didnt start after multiple tries but when it finally booted up it went in a boot loop. I some how managed to turn off the phone by pressing volume (+) button + power key to go into fast boot mode and Power Off the device but after that my phone didn't boot at all.

As this phone is my daily driver I rushed to the service center the next day, fortunately the service center was open amid COVID-19 lockdown, When I submitted my phone, the phone was not booting up but was a bit warm not sure why. When I got my phone back after like 4-5 hours the Product Service Form had "Action Taken" as "MB Replaced" and "Spare Part" as "MB replaced, working fine all test pass". The guy on the service desk said that Mother board wasn't receiving power due to which the device wasn't booting up. I got my phone back on 7th July same day I submitted my phone with Mother board replaced.

After a day, I have updated the phone to the latest patch and now it seems to be working fine, hopefully I wont face this issue again. My only concern here is the IMEI number and the SN number didn't change at all. If the mother board was changed shouldn't the IMEI number change too ?

When I check the RMA repair status online on : www.asus.com/support/repair-status-inquiry/

I get this result: "The system can't find records of your inquiry!"

Was the mother board of my device actually changed or did they just open the device found something wrong fixed it and claimed the mother board was replaced ?

View post
If you provide me with your RMA number, I may be able to look up the repair records. Not sure if I have access to India's systems but I can take a look.

Hi Asus support team,
I purchased Asus 6z phone from Flipkart on 10-Aug-2019. After 3 months of usage, i faced phone's auto Turn off & restart issues multiple times.
Then i logged complaint (Service No=A1911100130). That time, this issue resolved after an OTA Software update & phone was performing well until last week.
During last 2 days, my phone was again turning off automatically multiple times in a day & i had to power it ON manually. I called Asus service center Regenersis India, Bangalore yesterday & they suggested me to Reset the phone & visit service centre on Monday 10-Aug.
But today morning, the Phone has turned off again & it is not at all powering ON now.
During Covid-19 situation & pregnant wife at home, i can not take a risk to travel to Asus service center which is 30 kilometres far from my home.
Tomorrow is the last day of my phone's warranty & i am really disappointed and clueless about this problem's resolution.
Please help me & suggest - What should i do now?

subhi_kabra
Star I
I too started facing this issue after the recent updates. Its switching off automatically and sometime it won't restart, this is for the fast time i am facing this issue with asus. Its really irritating and killing me.

raju_cybertec
Star III
Asus using cheap quality parts like motherboard and other parts.
Many people facing motherboard issue.
I am also facing restart issue.
Wrost company asus. Wrost layman developer.
Don't buy Asus product.
Rog3 user also started facing issue.