gregpeeters94
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Screenpad shows nothing
Model: UX434F
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

I've just bought this laptop today and when i started it up and installed al the drivers i wanted to try out the screenpad. As said in the instructions for the screenpad, i hit the F6-key to switch to screenpad mode. The touchpad started to light up and windows acted like i connected another screen. But that was it! So when switching to screenpad mode the touchpad doesn't work anymore(as it should i guess) but it stays on a blank screen. I've tried installing different apps from the microsoft store (ScreenXpert, Screenpad Toolbar) but none of them fixes the issue. So i just have a light up little screen without anything on it when switching to screenpad mode. The pc works fine without it but since its a feature i would like it to work. Anyone has any idea on what to do? Feel free to ask for more info.
13 REPLIES 13

fifa14rony
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello fifa,

May I know what had happened? any update or modification before this?

If you press WIN+D, does the screenpad icon come back?

Please refer to below link to reinstall drivers

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041344

Thank you.

View post
Win+d nothing show anything I try also you link I cannot install screenpad 2.0
there is showing error message error 1001

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello fifa,
Which driver were you installing and show that error?
were you trying the "update to screepad 2.0 hotfix"?
your device is already screenpad 2.0, no need to do that.
Thank you.

aos
Star I
I have tried it to fix on my own but failed, i have just faced the error with epicsports as well.

ddrana103
Star III
Just checking, cause you gotta start with basics... Have you tried dragging stuff over to that screen?