I had to charge my phone 2 times in a day after using less than 5 hrs

Riaan
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: evry day
I used my phone to play ping for 1 hr and used it for other apps like what'sapp and Facebook for another 4 hrs by then the charge level was at 10% it drained 90% in just 5 hrs pls help

27 REPLIES 27

federicaargo
Star III
maitrikpatel.1984

I have similar problem of fast battery draining issue. Even with normal usage like surfing and youtube videos , it drains fast.

View post
If you set your phone to the lowest settings to save battery, try to put it on 144hz.
Inexplicably my phone lasts way more if I don't try to save battery

Riaan
Star I
federicaargo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105357#Comment_105357

If you set your phone to the lowest settings to save battery, try to put it on 144hz.

Inexplicably my phone lasts way more if I don't try to save battery

View post
That works well actually

I had to charge it once a day instead of twice

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Riaan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105452#Comment_105452

That works well actually

I had to charge it once a day instead of twice

View post
Seriously? Try going back to 60hz. Must be a coincidence that your battery improved when you switched to 144hz

hjatav06
Star II
What's your charging routine and do you use slow charge? Slow charge actually gives you better battery performance. I keep my phone at charging at 1AM to 7.30AM with slow charge and dynamically charge on till 100% and I get nearly 8 hours of use with 2-3 hrs of gaming and other content consuming. By 6PM my battery gets down to 24%-28% and at that time I use fast charge upto 80% and can use my phone till 1AM again with 25%+ battery still remaining. I too have to charge my phone twice a day but that's because I keep using it constantly.

Riaan
Star I
Is 8 hours of battery life normal cuz I uninstalled alot of apps that were running in background and it increased to 8 hours