This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immense battery drain!

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Hi, the last couple af days its really a downhill for my device, other than the fact that my camera doesnt flip at all, and i am planning to visit asus sevice center the next days...battery started to drain like crazy too. And i am using the device wayy less in comparison with other days. I fall asleep with 80 and i woke up with 40%. Nothing has changed yet i am in a constant hurry to charge my phone which by the way is charging way slower than it used to!
Anyone else something similar?
Thanks in advance

25 REPLIES 25

b4n4n4p4nd4
Star I
Is there a way to add an external antenna to the 3.5mm audio jack or the usb-c port on the zenfone5z to achieve a signal gain? I'm temporarily in an area where I'm so far from the nearest tower that I have maybe 2% time in 4g, 65% time with HSPA+ at about 1 bar (-115db), and the rest of the time I think it gets 3g. I can sms from here just fine and occasionally I can load a web page, but the latency is about 2000-3000ms which effectively stops certain apps from functioning. I wouldn't mind being on a slower data rate as long as the latency on the apps could improve to being functional.