This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 temporary screen burn in issue? Please Help! Is this related to hardware or software?

jagatpalv
Star III
I am facing temporary screen burn issues. The phone is just a day old.
whatsapp-image-2020-08-23-at-12-12-09-am.jpeg
whatsapp-image-2020-08-23-at-12-12-03-am.jpeg
As you can see the icons of notification panel have left some impressions. It goes away in about 5-10 seconds. Don't know what is causing it.

Also there is some vertical pattern on the display.

Should I got for a replacement????

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2007.25
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

21 REPLIES 21

jagatpalv
Star III
Aman89053

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105644#Comment_105644

I bet this issue is on every rog 3 display out there like black crush

Check out this link on screen burn-

LINK IS ON SCREENSHOT (I can't post links here )

screenshot-20200823-160325-7e01.png

It's a serious issue, please do read this article properly.

View post
What is article talks about is burn in but we are facing image retention which is different.
This is what I found on reddit:
----------------------------
"What you are seeing IS image retention, that is exactly what image retention is... nothing more, nothing less.
There is huge misinformation around the internet about image retention and burn-in and how they are linked.
THEY ARE NOT LINKED.
When you have a bright static image on screen for a few minutes and then quickly switch to another static image (normally all of one colour) you WILL see the previous image being retained - therefore- image retention
It is only happening because the all one colour static image is not rotating its pixels, so cannot instantly “wash away” the previous image, so the previous image will hang around for a fair few seconds, even minutes....
...until you switch to a dynamic moving image again, where by the image retention is instantly dismissed.
IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.
If you are using a games console you are going to see it often under normal usage.
For example, leave the PS4 sitting on the dashboard for a few minutes, then quickly going to something like the store or friends list... while waiting for them to load, and the screen is largely one static colour... you will noticed the main dashboard “squares” being retained.
Another example - If using the TVs in built YouTube app, you stay browsing for a few minutes, and then quickly go to the mostly grey search page, you will see the grid of thumbnails.
Etc etc.
NONE OF THIS IS RELATED TO BURN IN.
Burn In is a different, and arguably wrongly labelled phenomenon. What Burn In is, is actually accelerated pixel wear."
----------------------------

The above I found on a reddit thread. But even then we should not get a display like this.

Another ROG Phone 3 owner told me that he is not facing this issue. His device is fine.

Aman89053
Rising Star II
I don't know what to do now
I m facing black crush too..
They r giving China updates in indian phones..don't know why??
All I know that I will never going to buy any asus product ever now.
I made a huge mistake..

No one is helping 😔

jagatpalv
Star III
Aman89053

I don't know what to do now

I m facing black crush too..

All I know that I will never going to buy any asus product ever now.

I made a huge mistake..

No one is helping 😔

View post
Yes that is the problem. In this forum too no mods seem to help. Flipkart guys are just useless. The seller does not even have replacement available. All you can get is refund and that can also be rejected.

Aman89053
Rising Star II
jagatpalv

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105678#Comment_105678

Yes that is the problem. In this forum too no mods seem to help. Flipkart guys are just useless. The seller does not even have replacement available. All you can get is refund and that can also be rejected.

View post
😔 R u facing black crush too?

jagatpalv
Star III
Aman89053

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105680#Comment_105680

😔 R u facing black crush too?

View post
Yes! But black crush can be fixed with software update. And about that image retention problem I don't know.