ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

aakashortan
Star II
maximumsid

Do you guys notice a red tint in the greys and a very slight reduction in contrast when changing from 90 to 120 and 144Hz? It's an issue present on my device.

EDIT: Compared with my oneplus 6, the grays seem to be fine, the op6 actually has more red tint than rog 3, however, at 90Hz and 144Hz there's a great difference the the tint on greys on rog phone 3, whichever one is more accurate.

View post
Yes even i face the same problem

santhosh.h.v

Same here... Heavy black crushes during hotstar, YouTube(some videos), Amazon prime and Netflix.. please check if it's an hdr issue?

Santhosh

View post
Same problem here

ZT-6ce35844
Star II
Dear ASUS team,
This phone (ROG Phone 3) is my 2nd Asus phone... The previous phone that I was (and still) using is Zenfone max pro m1... I had an issue with it regarding its software bugs and headphone jack and contacted the customer care the issue was not solved but i kind of lived with all of that beacuse it was a cheap phone, i rooted it and still using it...
But when I purchased The ROG Phone 3, I had really high hopes from ASUS because it's their flagship phone of 2020. I was very excited when I first got it but after using it for 2 days I found out the black crush, red tint and back tracing issue with the phone and contacted the customer care of asus for the resolution of the issues I'm facing but what they (asus) said to me was so unprofessional that my experience beacame even worse...
Firstly the customer care executive didn't really understand the problem (didn't knew what black crush was), secondly the executive asked me to go to the asus service centre to which I replied that beacuse of the pandemic I cannot go to that far(NOIDA U.P.) but he (executive) said that it is the closest care centre near my location (RAMPUR U.P.). I said that is there any other solutions atleast tell me whether these issues are software related or hardware related issue? But he (executive) said that i can not tell. This kind of behaviour from such a huge company like Asus is not expected and too when the customer is using their best product of that year.
I am a technology enthusiast and hence a power user, that's why I spent literally 5 times the money compared to the amount of money I spent on my previous phone because I wanted a good phone but I think that I have really put my hard earned money into dust.
Conclusion...
I am returning this.
I am so pissed from the overall experience from Asus that I am NEVER going to buy an Asus product and not going to recommend it to my friends either from now on.
Regards,
Harshit

does the black crush issue and other issues will solved by software update.. if yes when will the update will appears on the device ..

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
deeppaul589

These issues are what Asus phone users should be ready to accept. I understood that the harsh way, there are display issues in ROG 2 as well , which are never ackwneledged. Eg, fingerprint, brack crush. Issues with their phone app, how they handle call during gaming, etc.

Many of these issues are small and, but absolutely irretating. But most of times these are never ackwneledged. And if you complain........., fanboy team comes bombarding

View post
snoopdog..you literally roasted some fanboys,take a bow