kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2 (8/128) Indian
Firmware Version:WW_Phone-16.0631.1910.64-0
Rooted or not: Non Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello guys, I was one those customers who bought ROG Phone 2 in the first sale on Flipkart. I was one of those users who asked continuously for Asus to release Android 10 here in Zentalks. Usually when ever there is a big platform update I refrain updating it so that I could see if there are major bugs that are present in the update. I did same thing for A10. As I saw lots for users complaining about random restarts after A10 update, I didn't dare to update mine. So its been a while since and lot of things happened.
Now my concerns are,
I'm on Android 9 still. NO reboots, NO blackouts, NO heating issues. This shows my hardware had no issues so....
Is random restart issue caused because of software(causing hardware issue)?. Since MODS have confirmed that it is a hardware issue and needs repair, if I update now, will my phone get hardware issue too?
I'm concerned because few users mentioned that reboots started only after A10 update.
Can software wreck properly working hardware? I'm asking in ROG's context.
Users also mentioned that rolling back to A9 didn't fix issue after getting it from A10 update.
I'm a working professional indirectly assisting COVID services, mostly busy and cannot allocate time for visits to Service center ( which is 120KMs away from my location). Should I give a shot now? Because my warranty runs out in October and I need to workout anything before this period.
Or should I wait for more info about this?
Any advice would be helpful.
6 REPLIES 6

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Ummm, anyone? Anyone who has no issues even after updating to A10?.

DLJP
Star I
You can use WW_17.0240.2007.27 RAW Rom by using cmd of window 10.
You can serach 'ROG phone 2 raw rom' using youtube, than you can see the title is 'Quick guide to install Global rom on the ASUS rog 2 Tencent Version', follow the instructions of video.
Hope it to help you, Good Luck.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
DLJP

screenshot-20200823-115932872.jpg

screenshot-20200823-115947585-1.jpg

You can use WW_17.0240.2007.27 RAW Rom by using cmd of window 10.

You can serach 'ROG phone 2 raw rom' using youtube, than you can see the title is 'Quick guide to install Global rom on the ASUS rog 2 Tencent Version', follow the instructions of video.

Hope it to help you, Good Luck.

View post
Thanks for response but I don't think you quite got my query. . Mine is Global variant, NOT Tencent.
I was asking if it's ok to update to A10 since lots of users got hardware issue after the update.

Kanu
Rising Star II
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105624#Comment_105624

Thanks for response but I don't think you quite got my query. . Mine is Global variant, NOT Tencent.

I was asking if it's ok to update to A10 since lots of users got hardware issue after the update.

View post
I didn't have lots of issues. Only thing is that battery backup isn't as good after a10. All else was fine for me.