Issues with Front Camera images in 4:3(24MP) mode

raj_sin15
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.32
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app: Version 7.4.1.1_200730 and Settings
In addition to information above, please provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
1. Whenever I switch my front camera setting to 4:3(24MP) the picture comes out very grainy. In normal 4:3 mode the picture quality seems fine. I think it should be even better with 24MP.
2. Th refresh rate gets locked at 120 Hz and disables the options to change it and shows it's being used by other application.
3. The third issue is with Black Crush, it's really annoying when there are dark scenes in the videos.
Included the image and screenshot for the issues

4 REPLIES 4

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi raj.sin15,
I have checked with my camera with the said settings it looks good as compared to the picture which you have shared. You are talking about front camera. Try to update your firmware to the latest one which is .47. Also, is the grains only under 4:3?
You need to restart your phone once the same gets locked. Still will have a check if there is a workaround
We are currently looking into it.  For the time being make sure your phone is on the latest firmware version is .47

raj_sin15
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi raj.sin15,

1. I have checked with my camera with the said settings it looks good as compared to the picture which you have shared. You are talking about front camera. Try to update your firmware to the latest one which is .47. Also, is the grains only under 4:3?
  2. You need to restart your phone once the same gets locked. Still will have a check if there is a workaround
  3. We are currently looking into it.  For the time being make sure your phone is on the latest firmware version is .47

View post
Hi @ARP_ASUS , the issue is with 4:3(24MP) mode only, normal 4:3 pictures are fine.
I don't see the latest firmware available when I try to update, is it an incremental rollout?
Also noticing a considerable lag in the camera app when the lighting is lower even when I have disabled Auto Night Detection. This issue is for the whole app irrespective of the selected camera

raj_sin15
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi raj.sin15,

1. I have checked with my camera with the said settings it looks good as compared to the picture which you have shared. You are talking about front camera. Try to update your firmware to the latest one which is .47. Also, is the grains only under 4:3?
  2. You need to restart your phone once the same gets locked. Still will have a check if there is a workaround
  3. We are currently looking into it.  For the time being make sure your phone is on the latest firmware version is .47

View post
Hi @ARP_ASUS , I see that the .47 firmware release has disappeared from the release page as well, does it mean it's abandoned?

ddrana103
Star III
my front camera also work good not feel any thing about bad results