rohit_pawar1007
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: Android 10
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Dear readers,
It is with great disappointment that I am writing this.
I brought an ROG Phone 2 about 8 months back. The phone initially worked great, however, since the last month, I started facing some serious issues such as extremely poor battery backup, airtriggers flickering & random reboots when gaming.
To ensure this wasn't a software issue, I tried hard resetting the device, but the problem persisted. 
This was especially frustrating because I'm a youtube game streamer & my audience was left puzzled with my abrupted streams & I had to explain all of them about the situation.
The issue is, even after shelling out a premium price to buy a 'gaming' Phone, it won't handle games without crashing. Makes no sense, right?
To rectify the issue, I submitted my phone at Asus Service Center (Amravati - Maharashtra) on 10th of August 2020, and at that time, I was told that the phone would be sent to Bangalore for repair & I'd get it back in 8-10 days max.
I'm writing this on the 22th August (12 days after submitting my phone to the service center) & when I called them, they told me excuses like thing get delayed due to coronavirus & it will now take upto 15 days for me to get my device repaired.
I even called their central helpline number 18002090365 where they cited delay due to coronavirus again. They did not provide me with any substantial information as to a tentative date when I'll get my device back. When I commented about my issue on their instagram post, I was told to DM my issue to them. However, when I did, they asked me to 'cooperate' & wait patiently. This further added to my frustration.
I find it highly inappropriate to ask your customer to submit their devices for over half a month, without any alternatives & unsure of the repair status.
I saw a video in which Mr. Dinesh Sharma (Director, Asus Mobiles India) mentioned that a customer is supposed to get a temporary replacement device till they get their phone repaired. However, I got no such temporary replacement. Worse yet, the service center guys said no such thing is available with them.
I'm basically losing out on half a month's warranty (or maybe more) with my phone lying around at the repair centres, which is absurd. 
I'm not sure if you anyone will respond or resolve my query, but it is with a heavy heart that I have to inform everyone that as a customer & a gamer, I have am really disappointed due to this incident.
Please know that people spend their hard earned money to buy these devices & such service & sub-par quality devices are the last thing they should be offered.
All I can hope now is being at their mercy, which is a really bad feeling. 
Asus authorities, if you're listening, you have a really, really disappointed customer here who owns a lot of your products & was a strong advocate for them so far. However, if you're going to ignore this & do nothing to make up for the sheer amount of time, efforts & money wasted from my end, I guess I'm done with Asus for good.
Rohit Pawar.
rohit.pawar1007@gmail.com
12 REPLIES 12

rohit_pawar1007
Star III
Update - I got a call from them at around 4 PM (from the bangalore service center) on 22nd August.
The person was so inaudible, I barely understood what he said. I've attached the call recording here. Can someone please tell me what he meant to say?
This is getting more frustrating by the day. Feeling like a fool already.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
rohit.pawar1007

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ZJUUX84A4A4H/asus-service-call.mp3

Update - I got a call from them at around 4 PM (from the bangalore service center) on 22nd August.

The person was so inaudible, I barely understood what he said. I've attached the call recording here. Can someone please tell me what he meant to say?

View post
Your issue will be bought to an attention on monday please wait and be patient as on weekends mods are not active to look into your matter
I will mention a mod for you to look into your matter i wish your problem gets resolved as early as possible
Dont worry! Stay safe n t.c. 😊
Please look into this serious matter user needs help👇 @Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Andersen
rohit.pawar1007

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: Android 10
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Dear readers,

It is with great disappointment that I am writing this.

I brought an ROG Phone 2 about 8 months back. The phone initially worked great, however, since the last month, I started facing some serious issues such as extremely poor battery backup, airtriggers flickering & random reboots when gaming.

To ensure this wasn't a software issue, I tried hard resetting the device, but the problem persisted. 

This was especially frustrating because I'm a youtube game streamer & my audience was left puzzled with my abrupted streams & I had to explain all of them about the situation.

The issue is, even after shelling out a premium price to buy a 'gaming' Phone, it won't handle games without crashing. Makes no sense, right?

To rectify the issue, I submitted my phone at Asus Service Center (Amravati - Maharashtra) on 10th of August 2020, and at that time, I was told that the phone would be sent to Bangalore for repair & I'd get it back in 8-10 days max.

I'm writing this on the 22th August (12 days after submitting my phone to the service center) & when I called them, they told me excuses like thing get delayed due to coronavirus & it will now take upto 15 days for me to get my device repaired.

I even called their central helpline number 18002090365 where they cited delay due to coronavirus again. They did not provide me with any substantial information as to a tentative date when I'll get my device back. When I commented about my issue on their instagram post, I was told to DM my issue to them. However, when I did, they asked me to 'cooperate' & wait patiently. This further added to my frustration.

I find it highly inappropriate to ask your customer to submit their devices for over half a month, without any alternatives & unsure of the repair status.

I saw a video in which Mr. Dinesh Sharma (Director, Asus Mobiles India) mentioned that a customer is supposed to get a temporary replacement device till they get their phone repaired. However, I got no such temporary replacement. Worse yet, the service center guys said no such thing is available with them.

I'm basically losing out on half a month's warranty (or maybe more) with my phone lying around at the repair centres, which is absurd. 

I'm not sure if you anyone will respond or resolve my query, but it is with a heavy heart that I have to inform everyone that as a customer & a gamer, I have am really disappointed due to this incident.

Please know that people spend their hard earned money to buy these devices & such service & sub-par quality devices are the last thing they should be offered.

All I can hope now is being at their mercy, which is a really bad feeling. 

Asus authorities, if you're listening, you have a really, really disappointed customer here who owns a lot of your products & was a strong advocate for them so far. However, if you're going to ignore this & do nothing to make up for the sheer amount of time, efforts & money wasted from my end, I guess I'm done with Asus for good.

Rohit Pawar.

rohit.pawar1007@gmail.com

ROG Phone 2 Nightmarish Experience
Thanks!

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
rohit.pawar1007

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ZJUUX84A4A4H/asus-service-call.mp3

View post
Well , I think he is trying to say that they just received your device and diagnosis is going on, based on severity of issue time will be taken.
The guy on other side couldn't speak English that's why he was mumbling most of the words. Try speaking with him in Hindi or Kanada if you know.

Btw, in your first discussion you mentioned that you had phone from Nov 2019 with no issues and issues started recently. Is that after Android 10 update?

rohit_pawar1007
Star III
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105525#Comment_105525

Well , I think he is trying to say that they just received your device and diagnosis is going on, based on severity of issue time will be taken.

The guy on other side couldn't speak English that's why he was mumbling most of the words. Try speaking with him in Hindi or Kanada if you know.

Btw, in your first discussion you mentioned that you had phone from Nov 2019 with no issues and issues started recently. Is that after Android 10 update?

View post
You're right. Although I don't know Kannada, I should've tried talking to him in Hindi.
Also, I think the update was quite a while ago & there were several patches after the Android 10 update. I started noticing airtriggers flickering issue since June 2020 but ignored it because I didn't use them much. The battery drain issue started around the same time. But the reboot when gaming issue stated in August.