This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to test out this charging technique......

Bvpp
Star II
Really loved the slow charging feature on Rog 3, was thinking of implementing something similar on the ROG 2. Have a couple of Mi (5w) and Samsung (10w) bricks lying around at home.
Question is would it be a good idea to use these bricks to slow charge the ROG 2? Would I be looking at any potential hazard waiting to happen? Since these are not fast chargers, I expect it to be on the safer side, but I'm not fully aware of these things, any suggestions guys?

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable
kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105015#Comment_105015

I just got a update last month along with the latest security patch. They haven't abandoned the rog 2. I'm personally more concerned about volte and voWiFi than anything else. T-mobile users have till the end of the year before the rog 2 will no longer be compatible on their network. I use AT&T so I have until February 2022. I noticed they've been enabling it lots of European carriers but not a single North American carrier. I'd love to know if they're anticipating on doing this

View post
Its august and i am stuck at april security patch... How is this phone updated if it hasn't got any security patch since april??

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/105079#Comment_105079

Its august and i am stuck at april security patch... How is this phone updated if it hasn't got any security patch since april??

View post
my phone is on July security patch and Rog 3 received august patch 3 days ago so we'll get the latest patch soon

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Bvpp

Really loved the slow charging feature on Rog 3, was thinking of implementing something similar on the ROG 2. Have a couple of Mi (5w) and Samsung (10w) bricks lying around at home.

Question is would it be a good idea to use these bricks to slow charge the ROG 2? Would I be looking at any potential hazard waiting to happen? Since these are not fast chargers, I expect it to be on the safer side, but I'm not fully aware of these things, any suggestions guys?

Want to test out this charging technique......
I use a combination of Fast Charging and Battery Care. My setup for Battery Care is from 22.00 to 21.59 the next day and I simply don't charge between those times. Here the result is you will always get 80% or little over charge depending on how near your end time is.