Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook works only when plugged in.

Midnig
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery issue
Model: Vivobook 15 X542UQ
Frequency of occurrence: Always/sometime works for some seconds or a minute.
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:To put it in simple words, my notebook is literally like a desktop lol. What I mean to say is that it works only when its plugged in, if the plug is removed then it turns off instantly. The battery of my device is not removable so I did open it to see if the battery is alright. It seemed fine as there was no bloat or leakage. I also removed the battery, got rid of residual power by pressing the power button for about 15 seconds and then reinstalled the battery. But no luck as you all can see, well that's why I'm here. OH GREAT PEOPLE! ENLIGHTEN ME WITH THY KNOWLEDGE!
[Btw I didnt screw up anything while opening my device]
3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Midnig
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Battery issue
  3. Model: Vivobook 15 X542UQ
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always/sometime works for some seconds or a minute.
  5. Reset OS: no
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:To put it in simple words, my notebook is literally like a desktop lol. What I mean to say is that it works only when its plugged in, if the plug is removed then it turns off instantly. The battery of my device is not removable so I did open it to see if the battery is alright. It seemed fine as there was no bloat or leakage. I also removed the battery, got rid of residual power by pressing the power button for about 15 seconds and then reinstalled the battery. But no luck as you all can see, well that's why I'm here. OH GREAT PEOPLE! ENLIGHTEN ME WITH THY KNOWLEDGE!

[Btw I didnt screw up anything while opening my device]

Notebook works only when plugged in.
Ubninstall the battery related drivers from device manager , then restart the windows.
Also use windows builtin power troubleshoter.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Midnig,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

Midnig
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33898/notebook-works-only-when-plugged-in

Ubninstall the battery related drivers from device manager , then restart the windows.

Also use windows builtin power troubleshoter.

View post
Already tried that one pal. Lemme try again for what its worth. And thanks for the suggestion.