This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please with poor wifi on Zenfone 3 zoom.

dougbrownyyz
Star I
Hi all, hoping someone can help. We have two Zenfone 3 Zooms and one of them has very poor wifi. The other phone is fine
The signal strength at top of screen shows great signal strength but anything that uses the internet is very slow or times out. I reset the phone and reloaded software - same problem. Cellular data is fine.
Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated
Android version 8.0.0

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
dougbrownyyz

Hi all, hoping someone can help. We have two Zenfone 3 Zooms and one of them has very poor wifi. The other phone is fine

The signal strength at top of screen shows great signal strength but anything that uses the internet is very slow or times out. I reset the phone and reloaded software - same problem. Cellular data is fine.

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated

Android version 8.0.0

Thank you

Help please with poor wifi on Zenfone 3 zoom.
Check if your data saver is ON also follow below steps
Check wifi behaves same in safe mode
To enter safe mode :-
Hold power key few seconds>tap & hold on switch off option for few seconds>phone will entre safe mode
After checking if wifi behaves same in safe mode
To exit safe mode just restart device
Also follow below steps :-
Settings>system>reset options>reset wifi,mobile&bluetooth option
than restart your device
see if this helps

thankyou😊

dougbrownyyz
Star I
thank you amitguard3. I tried Safe mode and gave the same issue. I also did a network reset i. the OD and still have the same problem

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi dougbrownyyz
I noticed that you did the Factory Reset and Safe Mode already. Do these two device have the same firmware version?
Your current firmware version: Settings>System>About Phone>Software information
If they both have the same firmware version, had performed the Factory Reset, yet only one device encounters poor Wi-Fi issue, you can check SMMI test : Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Wi-Fi Test

If any of the SMMI tests fails, high possibility of having the hardware issue, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

dougbrownyyz
Star I
see update below - works in Safemode, what do I do now?