This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is everyone's GPS?

Androiduk2016
Star II
I've read a few comments on the forum here about people's GPS (unclear what country) being inaccurate. What has other people's experiences been with their phone? Google maps, running apps etc...
Hopefully we can get some good responses so that if there is a problem, ASUS can see it. 
Thanks! 
23 REPLIES 23

ColorSage
Zen Master I
ColorSage said:
I was walking today with google maps and everything was fine. What's the problem exactly?
Check here: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/8076/gps-accuracy-is-really-bad#latest
Thanks. I saw this but there was no admin or mod input so I created a fresh thread to prompt this and to hopefully get some more user input
Yeah, it would be nice if mods were a bit  more active. Just like my feature suggestion thread. No answer like "Okay, I appreciate your feedback, will ask devs" or "Nah, this will never happen due to sth". At least firmware is pretty stable to me. More on topic: It seems it doesn't affect all Zenfone6s. Maybe you have some weird case? 

lalabalalalabal
Star III
It's a fact that AZ6 have a lot of problems: screen flickering at low brightness, GPS positioning and accuracy, ear speaker quality, rattle camera module, the sudden death of a lot of devices. All the problems are reported here, XDA, Swedroid... And Asus are silent as dead!
Im experiencing all of the troubles. Well atleast my phone is still alive... ?
This is my first and definitely my last Asus device!!!

ColorSage
Zen Master I
It's a fact that AZ6 have a lot of problems: screen flickering at low brightness, GPS positioning and accuracy, ear speaker quality, rattle camera module, the sudden death of a lot of devices. All the problems are reported here, XDA, Swedroid... And Asus are silent as dead!
Im experiencing all of the troubles. Well atleast my phone is still alive... ?
This is my first and definitely my last Asus device!!!
And I'm experiencing none except camera rattling but I was aware about it since the beginning. Screen OK, GPS OK, earspeaker OK, sudden death not occured. Maybe all of these problems come from that "motherboard issues" and they are not consistent across every device and quality control is the culprit. Every device has its problems, just go to Troubleshooting sections. I'm not saying that everything is alright because certainly isn't but I don't think that these problems come from bad design. People happy with it don't usually post as much on forums.

lalabalalalabal
Star III
People are blinded by the greatness of their devices and dont want to admit that they are screwed themselves by buying this phone. 
On my AZ6 even the SIM card/ Memory card holder rattles when its closed. The display is faaaar away from 600 nits of brightnes. 
I have bought two phones, one for me and one for my wife and both have absolutely the same problems, including rattling SIM/ Micro SD slot.
My wife said that she dont want to use, i quote: "This useless brick", i must get rid of her phone now. I will sell mine also. For me 2 faulty devices of 2 is 100%.
What i want is people to make a noise witch will make Asus to admit the problems with AZ6 and do a steps to resolve them! 
Or may be Asus knows very well about the AZ6 faults and because of this its nearly impossible to buy it?

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Sorry to hear that. Maybe I'm the lucky one because again - no SIM/microSD rattling sound whatsoever. If you had two of these with the same problems it probably means there is a faulty batch from the factory. Which is unacceptable. You should've returned them.