This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 Tencent Version

xMatsx
Star I
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this and sorry if this one has been posted before. I've been seeing alot tencent version of the ROG phone 3 Global ROM in various market places. Heck, even the official Asus store in Aliexpress is also selling them.
Can anyone of the mods here confirm if the PSA from ROG Phone 2 applies to ROG Phone 3 as well? TIA!

24 REPLIES 24

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mohamedzuhairk

In dubai region i dont see any offical announcement for the phone, as of now availibility of ROG PHONE 3 is TENCENT VERSION with GLOBAL ROM. I would like to see what asus has the asnwer for this???

View post
We have a global announcement that you shouldn't buy Tencent version with Global ROM.
We do not sell ROG Phone 3 in Dubai. This is the reason why you can only find the grey imported Tencent version and there's nothing we can do about. It's not illegal for local stores to grey import.

mohamedzuhairk
Star II
As a game changer premium gaming phone , for countries which all you dont cover atleast in the official site you could have kept an option for online purchase ,so that every one gets the genuine device . For eg:- Nubia red magic 5g, on their official site there is pruchase option in which the device gets shipped on customers demand. So as asus had a premium launch only some part of the world should get the genuine device as other parts of the world should get the grey imported version. So isnt it unfair for the Rog family fans and customers ?

mohamedzuhairk
Star II
From the start i am in to ROG PHONE GAMING FAMILY !! FROM THE FIRST ROG PHONE in here in dubai i m having the tencent verison with global rom !!! Thought there might be a change when you guys will launch rog phone 2 !!! again i upgraded to rog phone 2 with same spec tencent version to global version as rog phone.!! thought on next arrival the company will do any improvement in purchasing system and as of now still same . Do asus dont have any intenstions that the mobile should reach every corner of the world if not that much atleast for the demanding customers !!!

mohamedzuhairk
Star II
no replies from asus ??So rude dude !!!

So I bought a Tencent Version of the Asus Rog 3 I am wondering is this a knock off phone to the REAL Asus Rog 3 phone? Or is this a REAL asus rog 3 phone?