Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthrough power - how is it works?

kagdmhh
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 3
========================================
When I attach the charging cable to the phone it's charging, doesn't matter which port I use.
How can I activate passthrough charging/power which means the battery is not charging only the phone gets energy from the cable?
Or I misunderstood the reviews about the phone?
11 REPLIES 11

Jan_Darrel
Star III
kagdmhh

1. Model Name: Asus Rog 3

When I attach the charging cable to the phone it's charging, doesn't matter which port I use.

How can I activate passthrough charging/power which means the battery is not charging only the phone gets energy from the cable?

In my understanding passthrough power when your battery reaches to 100% the power adapter which is charging the battery will directly go to the phone automatically bypassing the 100% battery. So the battery will act as a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) which i'm using in my Desktop Computer when you switchoff the power line adapter the battery will kick-in and supply the phone.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kagdmhh

1. Model Name: Asus Rog 3

What it does is that it only takes as much power as it needs to run the system. So if you're at 32% battery and enable passthrough power, then you will still have 32% when you stop gaming. The benefit with this mode is that it doesn't generate extra heat from charging the battery.

pawz110
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33686/passthrough-power-how-is-it-works

What it does is that it only takes as much power as it needs to run the system. So if you're at 32% battery and enable passthrough power, then you will still have 32% when you stop gaming. The benefit with this mode is that it doesn't generate extra heat from charging the battery.

View post
But how do you enable this on the phone?
Where is the settings for this?
Which port do I have to use?
Do I have to use the bundled 30w charger?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
pawz110

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/104522#Comment_104522

But how do you enable this on the phone?

Where is the settings for this?

Which port do I have to use?

Do I have to use the bundled 30w charger?

View post
Sorry, too fast, didn't read 😉
If I'm not mistaking, this option will appear inside Game Genie while charging in a future update. Soonish