Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair for 5z users

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: .92
I don't know where to start but I feel very disappointed because I buy a flagship phone but it lacks of some basic features which is not acceptable. We are waiting since a long time but still we didn't get vowifi and Amazon prime HD support, then is it worth to spend 30k for this phone? We buy a flagship phone so that we can get more priorities than a midrange phones but now a days mid range phones are getting vowifi and Amazon prime HD support but 5z still lacks in it. If u compare 5z with 2018 flagship phones i.e:- One plus 6 and Xiomi poco f1 they already get vowifi support and Amazon HD support since a long time. But unfortunately 5z didn't. If you remember we got Android 10 on November 2019 and after that we didn't get a single feature update, only we are getting minor updates with bug fixes and Security Patches. Company promised to give 2 years of updates and 5z released on July 2018 so 5z should be their priority atleast till July 2020. Vowifi launched way before that time period but still we didn't get vowifi. Now we get updates because there is still some bugs remaining and they are fixing it otherwise that 23rd July update will be our last update. Poco f1 is still Xiomi's priority even after 2 years and it is all set to recieve their Miui 12 update but 5z didn't get any feature updates since December 2019 even if on company's 2 years of update cycle. Is it our fault that network operators are not adding vowifi support for 5z? Or is it our fault that Amazon not adding 5z for HD support? We spent 30k for a flagship phone and its the responsibility of Asus to convince them to add those supports. 
Don't we deserve vowifi and Amazon HD support even after spending 30k for a flagship phone?
Please add Vowifi and Amazon HD support in upcoming updates, its a request.
 I have planned to buy Asus next year flagship phone but if I won't get these basic vowifi and Amazon HD support then definitely I will go for other brand.
Please look into this matter @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Victor0_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS
41 REPLIES 41

Dir3WolF
Star III
darkknight

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103525#Comment_103525

I don't get it. Why you people need FHD? You won't be able to tell the difference between 720p (even 480p) and 1080p in Amazon Prime on 6 inch display. If you still get FHD support, you will be the first people reporting battery drain issue as higher resolutions are more power hungry.

View post
First person i saw, who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on 6 inch device( even sometimes 480p). May be you need lens. You should have bought HD+ device with bigger battery. Why came in flagship line? I wonder. Also let me tell you playing 720p video on a 1080p display and 1080p video on 1080p display doesn't make huge difference in battery. It affects a little that you can't even figure out as you can't figure out between 720p and 1080p on a 6inch device🙄.
You must be the person who watch videos on 144p on youtube to save battery😂.
After reading all your statements i came to know that you brought the wrong device as per your requirement. You must have brought some realme or Samsung model which comes with big battery and HD+ display and a lot of bloatware that you would like a lot😂.

darkknight
Rising Star I
Dir3WolF

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103589#Comment_103589

First person i saw, who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on 6 inch device( even sometimes 480p). May be you need lens. You should have bought HD+ device with bigger battery. Why came in flagship line? I wonder. Also let me tell you playing 720p video on a 1080p display and 1080p video on 1080p display doesn't make huge difference in battery. It affects a little that you can't even figure out as you can't figure out between 720p and 1080p on a 6inch device🙄.

You must be the person who watch videos on 144p on youtube to save battery😂.

After reading all your statements i came to know that you brought the wrong device as per your requirement. You must have brought some realme or Samsung model which comes with big battery and HD+ display and a lot of bloatware that you would like a lot😂.

View post
Well said.
My requirements are different than yours! Until now I didn't realize people buy flagship devices to stream videos in FHD.
PS: Guess who has the wrong device!

Dir3WolF
Star III
darkknight

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/104583#Comment_104583

Well said.

My requirements are different than yours! Until now I didn't realize people buy flagship devices to stream videos in FHD.

PS: Guess who has the wrong device!

View post
At last i am happy 😂 that i am able to explain you properly and make you realised that you have a flagship phone. Not a mid range budget phone👍.
PS: Don't guess anything this time😂.

Dir3WolF
Star III
darkknight

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103618#Comment_103618

Haha. Imagine your device had vowifi support but your operator didn't. What would you do? Would you reach to operator's customer care or start another thread here?

View post
Now lets discuss this one!
Lets start imagining...
1) Lets imagine you have a 5G phone but your operator doesn't support so i wont make calls to customer care and start complaining. I will just change my Operator by sim porting like airtel to jio ( Free of Cost).Its called Commen sense.
Now if i have 5G supported sim and 5G supported device ( but its only 4G enabled ) so i am not that rich that i will change my device that have 5G enabled already 🙄😂. I would rather wait and ask my device support team to provide that.
Now I know that you don't care about VoWifi may be because its no use for you , same with me I have no wifi at home, So no use for me to( but may be useful in future).
But there are some people who are stuck in home and doing work from home and having less network area coverage . So with VoWifi enabled they may able to talk clearly on call.
So brother if you don't want anything, you dont have to say anything. But if others need something that is important for them. Don't put your nose everywhere 🙏. Its a request.
If you wanna help somebody and increase your level😂, Find threads in which you can really help people without giving them excuses.
PS:- If you still think i write something wrong. Put it to yourself!!

vkk178
Rising Star I
May be people at ASUS are thinking that people will upgrade 5z to 6z or 7 for VOWIFI & Arcore 😄😄.. Seeing some essential updates are missing .. meh .. No, Not until 5z is given its due