Did you mean: 

Asus 6z motherboard damage

gauravosingh199
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 6z/ZS630KL
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
One day, the screen went black suddenly, though the phone was responsive underneath, and the notification also was visible. One day passed, the issue still did not resolve. Next day, I submitted the device to asus service center, they said that the motherboard had been damaged. I would like to mention that i had recently installed an update, could this be due to that?What should be done next? It's been just 13 months since I have bought the device. I guess, a new motherboard would be around the M.R.P of the phone😕

7 REPLIES 7

Bhasky
Rising Star II
gauravosingh1997

I somewhere read online that, asus had requested users to submit their phones for repair after they had issues after installing updates. Hope, mine also falls under that category. Really hope asus comes up with something, because they have great brand value. and this kind of thing is not acceptable. I mean they are giving out free phones on promotional and advertisement basis, but are not doing anything for people who bought their phones at such high costs. I was so excited for 6z that I had purchased it on the first day of sale. I guess, I made a huge mistake.

View post
xda posted that story

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi gauravosingh1997,
Is your issue solved after visiting the service center?

gauravosingh199
Star II
The service center has told me that the motherboard needs to be changed. I have reached out to the asus people, they have said that they will provide me an resolution by tomorrow.