This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone Jack Problem on Zenfone 5Z

DimDim
Star I
Recently I've just have this weirdess on my Zenfone 5Z, sometimes when I listening to the music using a headphone jack suddenly the music stop and sometimes with Google Assistant appear on the screen. Even though I restart the device, turn off and turn on the headphone, it will keep happening eventually. Any Idea what's goin on ?

Some basic information:
Model Name: ZenFone 5ZZ01RD
Firmware: WW-100.10.107.92

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

clavijoeyder
Star I
A mi en ocasiones me pasa lo mismo

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
DimDim

Recently I've just have this weirdess on my Zenfone 5Z, sometimes when I listening to the music using a headphone jack suddenly the music stop and sometimes with Google Assistant appear on the screen. Even though I restart the device, turn off and turn on the headphone, it will keep happening eventually. Any Idea what's goin on ?

Some basic information:

Thank you.

I thinking this could be a short in your cable (that only happens when it's ina certain angle) that is recognized by the phone as a button press. If it's recognized as a long press, then it will bring up your Google Assistant

darkknight
Rising Star I
DimDim

Some basic information:

Thank you.

It also happens when you press the call pick-up or music pause/play button on headphones for a longer time. Are you sure the button is not damaged or getting pressed accidentally?