uspenskiy_ua
Star III
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 059
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: Bluetooth aptx

Hi, I recently updated to the 059 firmware and noticed that Bluetooth sound quality significantly decreases as well as max volume is too low. I am using headphones that support aptx (I see notification that it is turned on). I am comparing sound using same apps/same file on my Asus phone, old iPad and Windows laptop. Both quality and max volume are way worse on Asus phone which was not the case before. What I have done so far: - tried to 'Disable Absolute volume' in Dev settings - reset Bluetooth/wifi settings - reset all apps settings Still no luck. Moreover it also sounds as if left/right channels are not balanced. And it also sounds that switching Aptx on and off (in Bluetooth settings) does not affect sound quality at all - therefore my guess would be that aptx is not working (although shows to be active). I was trying to see HCI log - but it's not working - no log file is produced to further investigate the issue. Thank you in advance for your help.
11 REPLIES 11

raj_sin15
Star II
Hi,
I am facing the same issue on my ROG Phone 3.
The volume controls seem off and I have to go beyond 50% to even hear anything.
I am using bluetooth earphones -
RHA MA650 Wireless

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi raj.sin15
Thank you for your asking. Please refer to the link below as ROG3 community, you are welcome to search and post your question there. The mod and same model users are there waiting for you.
ROG Phone 3