vp1
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:asus rog phone
Firmware Version:ww
Rooted or not:
Frnot rootedequency of Occurrence:
APsince last ww updateP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

11 REPLIES 11

fredhouser0104
Star II
Model name: zs600kl
Firmware version: WW_zs600kl_16.0420.2006.30_3
Rooted or not: not rooted
Constantly shows as charging
Updated Aug 15,2020 to firmware version above
After latest Asus update phone shows as charging even when not connected to charger. Battery drains rapidly and phone feels warm. When connected to charger phone will not charge. Random restarts also occur.

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
I thought so. I noticed the battery went lower at times. Like I had a sudden drop of battery level. It's not always but happens at times like there's some calibration issue.

fredhouser0104
Star II
fredhouser0104

Model name: zs600kl

Firmware version: WW_zs600kl_16.0420.2006.30_3

Rooted or not: not rooted

Constantly shows as charging

Updated Aug 15,2020 to firmware version above

After latest Asus update phone shows as charging even when not connected to charger. Battery drains rapidly and phone feels warm. When connected to charger phone will not charge. Random restarts also occur.

View post
Just attempted to factory reset phone in order to downgrade the firmware with no luck. Thinking may be a short in the charging circuit and just a coincidence with updating the system on the same day. Phone is not recognized when I connect to laptop and phone gives a message that both USB c ports are being used.
Update: Let the phone sit until the battery drain completely and the phone would not turn on. Waited a few hours and plugged in the charger. After about an hour of having the charger plugged in the led finally turned red and the phone began to charge again. Holding off on any system updates to see if the problem of battery drain and not charging comes back.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
I just tested my ROG I, charging and fast charging perform well. Didn't notice any specific battery drain.
>Shows as charging even when not connected to charger from fredhouser0104
Please clean the debris off the port with compress air can.
The issue can cause by various reasons, a common reason is the battery port had too many debris, so that the port keep detect debris or moisture. Please try to clean your port with soft tools (e,g. compressed air can) or bring it back to Repair Center for device checking.
>Battery drain
1. Update the apps to the latest version to avoid any conflict between the firmware and the apps.
2. Enter "Safe Mode" and leave a 80%-100% phone in sleep(idle) mode in a night.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
If the battery works well in "Safe Mode", please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party Apps.
3. If the issue remains the same in "Safe Mode", please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Factory data reset
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.