ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Aryan202
Community Legend I
mohan2010das

I think I'm also having the same issue.

Can it be fixed with s/w update? Otherwise I have to opt for replacement.

screenshot-20200816-103512455.jpg

screenshot-20200816-103503344.jpg

screenshot-20200816-081521622.jpg

screenshot-20200816-080755520.jpg

View post
This looks like a normal unit to me

Aryan202
Community Legend I
By the way guys black crush is "kinda" normal in high refresh hz phones
Phones with high hz panels are calibrated accordingly
Hence a little tint and black crush should be normal in my opinion
If you see other phones with refresh rates >90hz then you'll see the same queries,complains (the most recent oneplus 8pro for example has so many display related complains)
I think this is the nature of the OLED
If black crush is "too much" try replacing your units till you settle on something acceptable
All I can say is don't think much about this or read too much about these display issues it'll just make you more paranoid
And considering you'll only see this at very low brightness (0% mostly) isn't it manageable 🤔
If you have little black crush just don't pay it much attention and enjoy your phone 😄
But as ARP Asus above said wait for Asus to issue and official statement regarding the same

Cpz
Star III
Averan

By the way guys black crush is "kinda" normal in high refresh hz phones

Phones with high hz panels are calibrated accordingly

Hence a little tint and black crush should be normal in my opinion

If you see other phones with refresh rates >90hz then you'll see the same queries,complains (the most recent oneplus 8pro for example has so many display related complains)

I think this is the nature of the OLED

If black crush is "too much" try replacing your units till you settle on something acceptable

All I can say is don't think much about this or read too much about these display issues it'll just make you more paranoid

And considering you'll only see this at very low brightness (0% mostly) isn't it manageable 🤔

If you have little black crush just don't pay it much attention and enjoy your phone 😄

But as ARP Asus above said wait for Asus to issue and official statement regarding the same

View post
Yeah bro u said right but in rog 3 black crush is im next level even wooden colour is crushed in to black its tooooooo much when compared to oneplus 8 pro and some other phone btw they is no issue so far ,for my fellow youtubers why do they send proper unit to youtubers and worst unit for customers.

Btw ,u can see crush in video call ,even in selfi camera ,even at 100% brightness 😅in this phone so its not normal

santhosh_h_v
Star III
This is at 80perc brightness

santhosh_h_v
Star III
20200816-202359.jpg
This is the level of black crushing I see.