This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Battery Care" does NOT work at all. (ROG_Phone_2 + dock ZS660KLD)

Emo
Star II
Model Name: ROG Phone 2, plugged into the dock station ZS660KLD
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2007.27 (Android 10)
Rooted or not: No!
Frequency of Occurrence: Always.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Power Master -> Battery Care
==================================================================
Hello dear ASUS software and hardware engineers.
Are you aware that the "Battery Care" part of the "Power Master" doesn't work at all?
The "Battery Care" time limits are doing nothing. The moment I plug in the phone into the dock station ZS660KLD, it is starting to charge the battery. And does not stop until the battery is fully charged to 100%!
This is extremely detrimental to the battery health! (Speaking as an electric car owner since 2014, who always charge to 80% the battery. And in this very moment the battery health of my car is 93% after 150,000 km.)
And also, the "Charge to 80%" option, which is very important, is totally missing from the "Battery Care".
It seems that the "Battery Care" needs major code rewriting.
Before I started using the dock station ZS660KLD, I was manually unplugging the charger at 70% to 80% charge level, and the phone was very happy, as you can see from the screenshots below. But with the dock station this is technically impossible.
Please, elevate this "Battery Care" problem, and solve it. The ASUS engineers are one of the best in the world. (Iam a long time ASUS fan for a very good reason.)
Thank you for your time and attention.
Best Regards.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Emo
  1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2, plugged into the dock station ZS660KLD
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2007.27 (Android 10)
  3. Rooted or not: No!
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Power Master -> Battery Care

==================================================================

Hello dear ASUS software and hardware engineers.

Are you aware that the "Battery Care" part of the "Power Master" doesn't work at all?

The "Battery Care" time limits are doing nothing. The moment I plug in the phone into the dock station ZS660KLD, it is starting to charge the battery. And does not stop until the battery is fully charged to 100%!

This is extremely detrimental to the battery health! (Speaking as an electric car owner since 2014, who always charge to 80% the battery. And in this very moment the battery health of my car is 93% after 150,000 km.)

And also, the "Charge to 80%" option, which is very important, is totally missing from the "Battery Care".

It seems that the "Battery Care" needs major code rewriting.

Before I started using the dock station ZS660KLD, I was manually unplugging the charger at 70% to 80% charge level, and the phone was very happy, as you can see from the screenshots below. But with the dock station this is technically impossible.

Please, elevate this "Battery Care" problem, and solve it. The ASUS engineers are one of the best in the world. (Iam a long time ASUS fan for a very good reason.)

Thank you for your time and attention.

Best Regards.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

"Battery Care" does NOT work at all. (ROG_Phone_2 + dock ZS660KLD)
This is bug which i was facing in my zenfone 5z since i updated to android 10,
After seeing your screenshot i can say if you want your battery to perform battery care from start time 5.00 hrs to end time 9.00 hrs than i would tell you kindly set your time period in vice versa manner like say set your start time 9.00 hrs and end time 5.00 hrs than it will work at ur required time period that is Start time 5.00 hrs - end time 9.00 hrs try this your problem will be solved this is temporary fix until the next firmware update comes and see problem solves in next update if you can wait and adjust that. Go for it
Ifnot,try below steps
For me this problem was fixed only when i factory reset my device 5z and battery care started to work properly in given period of time
Note :- dont forget to backup ur imp data before you factory data reset
i hope this helps you
thanks!😊

Emo
Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33569/battery-care-does-not-work-at-all-rog-phone-2-dock-zs66...

This is bug which i was facing in my zenfone 5z since i updated to android 10,

After seeing your screenshot i can say if you want your battery to perform battery care from start time 5.00 hrs to end time 9.00 hrs than i would tell you kindly set your time period in vice versa manner like say set your start time 9.00 hrs and end time 5.00 hrs than it will work at ur required time period that is Start time 5.00 hrs - end time 9.00 hrs try this your problem will be solved this is temporary fix until the next firmware update comes and see problem solves in next update if you can wait and adjust that. Go for it

Ifnot,try below steps

For me this problem was fixed only when i factory reset my device 5z and battery care started to work properly in given period of time

Note :- dont forget to backup ur imp data before you factory data reset

i hope this helps you

thanks!😊

View post
Thank you very much dear "amitgarde3" for your suggestion, but it didn't work for me. The phone starts to charge immediately when I plug it into the docking station. It disregards any time settings combination in the the so-called "Battery Care". The "Battery Care" is just a smoke-screen.
This is so sad. Every lithium-ion battery expert is repeating the mantra that "the battery should be charged only to 80% level, if you want to keep it healthy." And if you are leaving the battery constantly plugged into the charger, for extended periods of time, the best charge levels for long time storage are between 40% and 60%.
Ideally, when the ROG-2 phone is plugged into the docking station its battery levels should be kept between 40% and 60%.
Do you have any idea if this forum is read by an official ASUS representatives? Communicating with big, soulless corporations is a very unrewarding experience.
I wholeheartedly don't want to destroy my ROG-2 battery after 1-2 years of usage, because of a faulty ~50-lines software code! And I love the combination ROG-2 phone + ZS660KLD dock! The dock is releasing the full, monstrous power of the ROG-2 phone. I love it!
Best regards.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
What the battery care feature does in ROG Phone II is that it will quick charge up to 80%, keep it there and then fully charge your phone some time before your set end time. Since you only give it 4h of charge time, it's possible that you missed the short period it kept the battery at 80%. If you give it 8h of charge time, then the 80% period will be longer.
The purpose with this feature is to lower the time the battery is trickle charged at 100%. To trickle charging at 100% puts a lot more wear on the battery than doing it at 80%.
In ROG Phone 3, we have all the other features you request. Before you ask, no there's no official information about if these features will find their way into ROG Phone II.
I will close this thread since there's no bug