Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair for 5z users

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: .92
I don't know where to start but I feel very disappointed because I buy a flagship phone but it lacks of some basic features which is not acceptable. We are waiting since a long time but still we didn't get vowifi and Amazon prime HD support, then is it worth to spend 30k for this phone? We buy a flagship phone so that we can get more priorities than a midrange phones but now a days mid range phones are getting vowifi and Amazon prime HD support but 5z still lacks in it. If u compare 5z with 2018 flagship phones i.e:- One plus 6 and Xiomi poco f1 they already get vowifi support and Amazon HD support since a long time. But unfortunately 5z didn't. If you remember we got Android 10 on November 2019 and after that we didn't get a single feature update, only we are getting minor updates with bug fixes and Security Patches. Company promised to give 2 years of updates and 5z released on July 2018 so 5z should be their priority atleast till July 2020. Vowifi launched way before that time period but still we didn't get vowifi. Now we get updates because there is still some bugs remaining and they are fixing it otherwise that 23rd July update will be our last update. Poco f1 is still Xiomi's priority even after 2 years and it is all set to recieve their Miui 12 update but 5z didn't get any feature updates since December 2019 even if on company's 2 years of update cycle. Is it our fault that network operators are not adding vowifi support for 5z? Or is it our fault that Amazon not adding 5z for HD support? We spent 30k for a flagship phone and its the responsibility of Asus to convince them to add those supports. 
Don't we deserve vowifi and Amazon HD support even after spending 30k for a flagship phone?
Please add Vowifi and Amazon HD support in upcoming updates, its a request.
 I have planned to buy Asus next year flagship phone but if I won't get these basic vowifi and Amazon HD support then definitely I will go for other brand.
Please look into this matter @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Victor0_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS
41 REPLIES 41

mohitp983
Star III
Even cheap phones support prime video HD ...don't know what's the problem with Asus why they are not adding it for Zenfone 5z . And @darkknight what do you mean you can't differentiate between 480p and 1080p on 5z ... Seriously use prime video you will come to know video quality is garbage in 5z . Asus fix this ASAP you have done it for other devices too. After all it's a flagship phone and it should support prime video HD by default. Whats the use of a full hd screen if we cant play in HD. @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @kikoly @Mister @laura @victinhodesouza @Titan_ASUS @kike @Laura_ASUS

vkk178
Rising Star I
It amazes me when cheaper unknown devices have added VOWIFI & Arcore but Asus hasn't still bothered to add in 5z . ASUS needs to pay attention to flagships , else trust in the brand will go down no matter how good a device they bring into the market . Brands like Lenovo are struggling due to same reason

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I understand you and why you want these features. But as you already know, features like VoWiFi and Amazon HD is not entirely up to us. There's one big difference between a popular phone like Poco and 5z. Poco have been selling in millions and it's still selling more than 5z ever did. This attracts the attention from app developers, carriers and service providers.
We fought for months to get Amazon HD for ZenFone 6 and ROG Phone II and it was not until these phones were launched that companies like Amazon started to listen. Unfortunately, in a way it was a bit late for 5z. We did ask Amazon about 5z when the support for ZenFone 6 and ROG Phone 2 was already locked in but so far there has been no response regarding this model 😞
ASUS want to provide alternatives to all the much more popular phone models. A unique combination of hardware, features and OS that we believe will appeal to certain people and we're doing our best to provide everything and more than phones selling many many times more. But, I have to be honest and say that we have not always been able to do that. Amazon Prime in HD is once of those cases.
I believe everybody are aware that we are a bit of an underdog in the phone business just like OnePlus was when they first launched and I can tell you that much bigger brands have had issues with getting Amazon HD.
We're improving with every model and selling more and more. We're finally getting more attention form carriers and service providers. Every time we sell more, we get more budget. That means we can afford doing more updates and trust me, we want to do more. It's just a question of what we can do with what we have.
We have a lot of crazy but GREAT ideas and I believe that the phone business needs a player like ASUS and I think the reason why you choose ASUS in the first place is because you like what we do. I hope you will continue believe in ASUS and our future products because when you do, they WILL get better.

TheseMood
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

I understand you and why you want these features. But as you already know, features like VoWiFi and Amazon HD is not entirely up to us. There's one big difference between a popular phone like Poco and 5z. Poco have been selling in millions and it's still selling more than 5z ever did. This attracts the attention from app developers, carriers and service providers.

We fought for months to get Amazon HD for ZenFone 6 and ROG Phone II and it was not until these phones were launched that companies like Amazon started to listen. Unfortunately, in a way it was a bit late for 5z. We did ask Amazon about 5z when the support for ZenFone 6 and ROG Phone 2 was already locked in but so far there has been no response regarding this model 😞

ASUS want to provide alternatives to all the much more popular phone models. A unique combination of hardware, features and OS that we believe will appeal to certain people and we're doing our best to provide everything and more than phones selling many many times more. But, I have to be honest and say that we have not always been able to do that. Amazon Prime in HD is once of those cases.

I believe everybody are aware that we are a bit of an underdog in the phone business just like OnePlus was when they first launched and I can tell you that much bigger brands have had issues with getting Amazon HD.

We're improving with every model and selling more and more. We're finally getting more attention form carriers and service providers. Every time we sell more, we get more budget. That means we can afford doing more updates and trust me, we want to do more. It's just a question of what we can do with what we have.

We have a lot of crazy but GREAT ideas and I believe that the phone business needs a player like ASUS and I think the reason why you choose ASUS in the first place is because you like what we do. I hope you will continue believe in ASUS and our future products because when you do, they WILL get better.

View post
Hello, 
your comment impressed me very much. I would like a friendly speaking moderator like you to solve the Zenfone 5 ZE620KL problems. Your accurate and unbiased statements about Asus' phone department were really nice. As a user, I want to tell you your shortcomings and excesses in the most sincere way. First of all, you are really good at material quality. While other brands provide high quality software to the poor quality brand. You offer high quality and low software to high materials. Your problem is here. Don't limit your devices by its price. Of course there will be limitations, but I mean that. Do not restrict the device that will perform very well with the camera. Bring the support you offer to popular newly released devices to your old devices. Zenfone 5 for example still did not get android 10. And the camera quality has been deliberately reduced. Moderators like you said that. When I first got my phone I was very happy, I said my next phone must be asus. However, events such as the decrease in software quality and the limitation of available features disrupted me from this idea. Now you never want to buy an asus.My advice to you is to offer the same support on your old or unpopular phones. If you give the software and show off. If you satisfy that user. He gets his next phone from you. Increase your software quality. Your software is really very low. If you increase your software quality, everyone "Asus makes very good phones." and does not buy your phone. In the meantime, I will do these comments will be somewhat personal, but you withdraw from Turkey market made me very sad. Make sure the turkey is very keen on technology country. If you advertise, you can reach the success you want in our country. Example, Huawei, Oppo. And finally, request that Zenfone 5 comes with the Android 10 update with ZenUI. Other moderators do not like you, they send automatic messages. Please don't offend us, I love Asusu and I want to be satisfied.

Thank you for reading

Have a nice day...

vkk178
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

View post
I'll keep my response simple . Asus Hardware is comparable to leading brands . And yes software has improved considerably since the first release of 5z .But people have been requesting time & again for essential improvements like Vo-Wifi & Arcore ; almost from the time the device was launched. Had these been enabled , the onus would have been on operators to provide support . It's not that 5z cannot support these features . Being a flagship people think about such things , as they invest in hardware for 3 - 4 years on average anticipating such improvements will be added . If such support is not given people will switch brands .