cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature Request] PowerMaster & related features

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Hello, 
Just a few days ago I've received my Zenfone 6 and so far it's a great experience, both hardware- and softwarewise. However, I've noticed a few things:
1. Quick Charge makes battery quite hot. I'm no expert, but 45 deg C on idle is quite high. (ambient temperature ~27 deg C)
2. PowerMaster - That "intelligent boost" mode crashes Antutu Benchmark for me. Testing without it works fine besides annoying popup about that boost being turned off. Please add a setting to disable that notification and/or take a look at these crashes.
3. PowerMaster - Battery charge scheduler is a nice feature but it lacks 2 things - limit maximum charge level (to let's say 95% or so regardless scheduling option) and force disable Quick Charging (i.e. for hot environments or to help preserve the battery).

I know these are not real problems but unlike some suggestions (i.e. to enable incredibly bugged Multi user feature) these actually make sense and should be relatively easy to implement considering what PowerMaster is doing.
Other than that, Asus team, you are doing a great job! 
5 REPLIES 5

Rebel
Star II
For the night charge, use you a slow charger (1A) to preserve the battery life, and the smartphone stays cool. 

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Rebel said:
For the night charge, use you a slow charger (1A) to preserve the battery life, and the smartphone stays cool. 
Ok, I get it but why would I need 2nd charger when my previous Galaxy S6 had this feature out of box and PowerMaster is already controlling charging current?

Saran
Rising Star II
ColorSage said:
Hello, 
Just a few days ago I've received my Zenfone 6 and so far it's a great experience, both hardware- and softwarewise. However, I've noticed a few things:
1. Quick Charge makes battery quite hot. I'm no expert, but 45 deg C on idle is quite high. (ambient temperature ~27 deg C)
2. PowerMaster - That "intelligent boost" mode crashes Antutu Benchmark for me. Testing without it works fine besides annoying popup about that boost being turned off. Please add a setting to disable that notification and/or take a look at these crashes.
3. PowerMaster - Battery charge scheduler is a nice feature but it lacks 2 things - limit maximum charge level (to let's say 95% or so regardless scheduling option) and force disable Quick Charging (i.e. for hot environments or to help preserve the battery).

I know these are not real problems but unlike some suggestions (i.e. to enable incredibly bugged Multi user feature) these actually make sense and should be relatively easy to implement considering what PowerMaster is doing.
Other than that, Asus team, you are doing a great job! 
The phone does gets hot when charging , they have to look into this issue...

ColorSage
Zen Master I
As it got buried down at 3rd page, still waiting for a reply