gadiraju
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2008.171
Rooted or not: Never
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Stock Camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

My zenfone 6 camera was working perfectly fine even few minutes before the update. After I updated to 17.1810.2008.171 today, everytime I try to take selfie in Asus stock camera and even in gcam, the camera shakes a bit and throws a pop-up on screen. "Camera cannot be flipped. Please make sure there is nothing obstructing it." It does it 4 times consecutively everytime I try to take selfie. There is no obstruction or anything of that sort. This is very annoying. Please let me know the solution. To me it looks like a software issue.
15 REPLIES 15

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
gadiraju

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: 17.1810.2008.171
  3. Rooted or not: Never
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Stock Camera

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My zenfone 6 camera was working perfectly fine even few minutes before the update. After I updated to 17.1810.2008.171 today, everytime I try to take selfie in Asus stock camera and even in gcam, the camera shakes a bit and throws a pop-up on screen. "Camera cannot be flipped. Please make sure there is nothing obstructing it." It does it 4 times consecutively everytime I try to take selfie. There is no obstruction or anything of that sort. This is very annoying. Please let me know the solution. To me it looks like a software issue.

Camera cannot flip after recent update to 17.1810.2008.171
You're the first one to report this so I hope it's only your device. First you could try doing a camera calibration in system settings -> advanced flip camera features -> camera retraction -> Calibrate camera angle
If that doesn't do anything then try doing a backup and factory reset
Last resort is to send it in for repair

gadiraju
Star II
I did camera calibration. It didn't work. Also, it is not just me, few other users reported the same issue on Asus 6z telegram groups (after latest update).
I don't really like Asus phones anymore. The phone gets into boot loop suddenly, freezes sometimes, and microphone stops working etc., It's not even 7 months since I bought this 6z phone and I am already fed up visiting service center because of these issues. I get scared to update my phone these days. Here comes the new issue. Aaargghhh!

gadiraju
Star II
See this! One of the users on telegram posted a video. My phone has the same issue.

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Shame on ASUS , being so called reputed brand, they should accept the faulty Software updates or should collect all the Zenfone 6z devices and get it's motherboard replaced for free .
Namesake premium phone