This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The .92 version seems to have been made over the .70, not the .87.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Model: ZS620KL (ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4GB / 64GB)
Firmware: 100.10.107.92 (WW)
Issue: I would like to know why the .92 version brought back bugs from the .70 version.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-TOUCHSCREEN ISSUE-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
In recent months, not only me, but other ZenTalk users have been debating with moderators about a problem presented by the touchscreen response.
(@amitgarde3 @JonathanSR @555yash555 @kunal1217 @Abhinav @henrique.pereira.017 @jochman84 @Redlith @lmvqymwicuqwioetfb @bharanivijay69 @Chintan Devganiya @christianrodrigues1981 @burakterzi91 @subhojit.dey @archilsoni412)
This problem was characterized by the fact that the panel's response did not match the movement of sliding the finger slowly (necessary, as an example, for precision in shooting games).
Until the .70 version, we had been stuttering every time we tried to move the camera slowly.
In the .87 version, although not 100% solved, the problem had been significantly improved.
Now, in the .92 version, the problem is back, just as it was in the .70 version.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-MEDIA VOLUME SLIDER ISSUE-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Not only the panel problem, but also a minor issue of the .70 version is again presented in the .92, which is the inconsistent Media Volume slider.
When you open the audio settings screen and start sliding this option, you will soon see that something is wrong, you will only be able to slide from one end to the other at once if you do it slowly.
It had also been fixed in the .87 version, now it's back in .92.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-REQUEST-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This way it looks like the .92 version was made over the .70, not the .87.
Any chance of that happening? If not, I'd like you to check what was done to cause this backward step in the touch panel solution (which was well forwarded) at the same time as it brought back the volume option issue.
Please, bring back .87 fixes and improvements.
Again! Both bugs present in the .70, improved/resolved in the .87 and now back in the .92.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-TROUBLESHOOTING INFO-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The problems are also present in "Safe Mode".
The following solutions have been tried:
Tweak in various standard and developer configurations.
Factory reset with or without backup recovering (via settings and Recovery Mode).
Downgraded to Pie version and upgraded to 10 again.
15 REPLIES 15

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

Thank you for your asking. Everyone, kindly provide the information below so that I can further checking.

>>Screen Touch Delay of Gaming

1. Does the screen delay only occur in gaming?

2. Which gaming apps? Which version? (Please do update to the latest version first)

3. The screen touch improved in V87, and get worse again in V92?

4. Touch is not sensitive at which place of the screen? Top, bottom, right, left..?

5. Please perform the factory reset first, and provide me the video recorded by another phone, the video must present the gaming process and finger performance.

>>Media Volume Slider

6. Can you provide me any video or screenshot to clarify the question?

View post
Software verison 5z- .92
After Reset ,
Pubg version:- 0.19.0
2020-08-14-19-41-59.mp4
2 finger👆
2020-08-14-19-38-17.mp4
1 finger 👆
Please focus on mountains and nearby areas on slower slides graphics which are stuttering alot like bruno said it feels graphics are vibrating dont concentrate on caracter but concentrate on mountains,trees and other things this problem exists since Android 8

I can say sliding UI animation during slides is smoother and fluid than every update before like say if i slide all apps or any webpage no stutters at all and sliding webpages is so smoother now no complains
But,
Stutters and jitters are only observed during gameplay as it was present early and we were so close to fix but not yet fixed fully and feels that .87 firmware was good in terms of touch than present .92 this is what bruno is saying n even i observe

Abhinav
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103483#Comment_103483

Software verison 5z- .92

After Reset ,

Pubg version:- 0.19.0

2020-08-14-19-41-59.mp4

2 finger👆

2020-08-14-19-38-17.mp4

1 finger 👆

Please focus on mountains and nearby areas on slower slides graphics which are stuttering alot like bruno said it feels graphics are vibrating dont concentrate on caracter but concentrate on mountains,trees and other things this problem exists since Android 8

I can say sliding UI animation during slides is smoother and fluid than every update before like say if i slide all apps or any webpage no stutters at all and sliding webpages is so smoother now no complains

But,

Stutters and jitters are only observed during gameplay as it was present early and we were so close to fix but not yet fixed fully and feels that .87 firmware was good in terms of touch than present .92 this is what bruno is saying n even i observe

View post
When we'll be getting a stable build for 5z? When the time will come when I'll feel the actual smoothness?

Dir3WolF
Star III
Getting low data speed on mobile data while i was in .92 version i.e, latest ( in jio and airtel 4g). So to check whether its operator problem or rom, i came back to .87 using fastboot rom after trying several methods( factory reset , network reset etc.) and mobile data was giving best speed but then again for recheck i updated to .92 via OTA but gets low data speed on Mobile data!.
I use jio and airtel 4g and both gives a good data speed in my area.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
We tested PUBG with 2 devices, .87 and .92, yet we didn't find specific difference in the background. However, I noticed that the videos provided by Amit have some lagging in the background. I am now waiting for Amit's logs and videos for further checking. Anyone who has .92 devices and faces the similar issue, please provide me the gaming video (note with the issue timing) for primary checking.

Hi Dir3WolF
For your case, have you ever rooted or unlocked your device before? Do you aware the speed difference in the same place with same signal performance? (4G v.s 4G or 4G plus v.s 4G plus). If you haven't rooted or unlocked, I may need your mobile data speed screenshot and logs for both version for further checking.

Dir3WolF
Star III
Yes i unlocked and rooted my device once but now the device is unrooted and locked. Its hard to share mobile data speed screenshots now as i have already done twice and i have a lot of data to backup.
And yes i changed the version on the same place and same time , same day and saw a significant difference in mobile data speed.