Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair for 5z users

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: .92
I don't know where to start but I feel very disappointed because I buy a flagship phone but it lacks of some basic features which is not acceptable. We are waiting since a long time but still we didn't get vowifi and Amazon prime HD support, then is it worth to spend 30k for this phone? We buy a flagship phone so that we can get more priorities than a midrange phones but now a days mid range phones are getting vowifi and Amazon prime HD support but 5z still lacks in it. If u compare 5z with 2018 flagship phones i.e:- One plus 6 and Xiomi poco f1 they already get vowifi support and Amazon HD support since a long time. But unfortunately 5z didn't. If you remember we got Android 10 on November 2019 and after that we didn't get a single feature update, only we are getting minor updates with bug fixes and Security Patches. Company promised to give 2 years of updates and 5z released on July 2018 so 5z should be their priority atleast till July 2020. Vowifi launched way before that time period but still we didn't get vowifi. Now we get updates because there is still some bugs remaining and they are fixing it otherwise that 23rd July update will be our last update. Poco f1 is still Xiomi's priority even after 2 years and it is all set to recieve their Miui 12 update but 5z didn't get any feature updates since December 2019 even if on company's 2 years of update cycle. Is it our fault that network operators are not adding vowifi support for 5z? Or is it our fault that Amazon not adding 5z for HD support? We spent 30k for a flagship phone and its the responsibility of Asus to convince them to add those supports. 
Don't we deserve vowifi and Amazon HD support even after spending 30k for a flagship phone?
Please add Vowifi and Amazon HD support in upcoming updates, its a request.
 I have planned to buy Asus next year flagship phone but if I won't get these basic vowifi and Amazon HD support then definitely I will go for other brand.
Please look into this matter @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Victor0_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS
41 REPLIES 41

darkknight
Rising Star I
screenshot-20200814-160445538-1.jpg
You guys talking about this?

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
darkknight

View post
Custom rom? I don't have this option here.
--
Also, it's so sad that the software development is failing to bring fixes without bringing more bugs than before.
The touch sliding of .87 was so soft, fluid. Now, and again, we fight to aim in any FPS game. It's not the game's fault. It's again the firmware bringing old problems.

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
darkknight

View post
Its not FHD bro it's 480p resolution. 480p is the highest resolution/best quality for 5z 🙂.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
Sadly Were not going to get VoWiFi or Amazon Prime Videos HD support. 5z is not a priority device anymore (Said by Anders). Bye bye 5z development. Soon updates coming to 5z will stop.
I'll try until last update arrives. 🙂

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Abhinav

Sadly Were not going to get VoWiFi or Amazon Prime Videos HD support. 5z is not a priority device anymore (Said by Anders). Bye bye 5z development. Soon updates coming to 5z will stop.

I'll try until last update arrives. 🙂

View post
We as a user can't do nothing rather than reminding them. They should know that we don't want any major updates like A11. We want only basic features that almost all phones are having now. They should know that 5z is a flagship phone and should have these basic features 🙂