This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using Waze app / GPS signal

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Hi everyone. I'm facing an issue with Waze not recognizing GPS signal (showing a stacionary blue "dot" instead of a moving blue "arrow"). Google Apps works like a charm: The problem is Waze. I did pretty much everything I could but nothing worked.

Can anyone help me please? I need it to work! Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

ronald1985
Community Legend I
gonzaaa.92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/101394#Comment_101394

I'm inside my house but if I'm outside utilizing mobile data (4G) the issue persists. It's weird because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. For example, right now it's working fine (can't tell for how long tho):

whatsapp-image-2020-08-05-at-18-21-14.jpeg

Before I bought this phone, I had a OnePlus 5t and Waze used to give me this sorts of problems too. Another good advice?

View post
If you had this problem before on another phone, then I would talk to the network provider. Or try with another SIM card if you have one at hand.
One more thing from me though, I take it you have Settings - Location - Google Location Accuracy turned on?
The above screenshot shows it is working (as far as I can tell). I would keep track of timing from when it starts to when it looses GPS and maybe there's a pattern that might give us a hint. GPS will always work better outside, so I won't test it indoors.
Or keep an eye out on the strength of the signal though it looks very good from the screenshot.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/101399#Comment_101399

If you had this problem before on another phone, then I would talk to the network provider. Or try with another SIM card if you have one at hand.

One more thing from me though, I take it you have Settings - Location - Google Location Accuracy turned on?

The above screenshot shows it is working (as far as I can tell). I would keep track of timing from when it starts to when it looses GPS and maybe there's a pattern that might give us a hint. GPS will always work better outside, so I won't test it indoors.

Or keep an eye out on the strength of the signal though it looks very good from the screenshot.

View post
I don't have a secondary sim card. However, there's a small chance it's my carrier's problem since when I had a OnePlus phone the issue was the same. But then again, when you read the reviews of Waze on the AppStore you'll find people on the same boat that I am.
Yes, I do have Google Location Accuracy turned on. I even turned it off to see if that was causing the problem but nothing changed.
I'll have to take that into account. Thanks!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Maybe you're experiencing this
How to Fix GPS Issues in Android Auto

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Maybe you're experiencing this

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-to-fix-gps-issues-in-android-auto-147175.html

View post
I managed to fix the issue by installing a free app called "GPS Connected" which keeps the GPS signal active all the time no matter what you're doing on the phone. This app has the drawback of making the battery of the phone drain faster, but since when I use it with Android Auto my phone is connected to the Stereo (and therefore it's constantly charging), that's no problem at all.