Star I
System: windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery and AC
Model: asus u36sd
Frequency of occurrence: 10/10
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I want to install linux on my laptop.
Install on 5 different usb sticks, 5 different linux distros.
3 other laptop's running windows 10 and boot to usb, all 3 find the linux from the usb stick and install option show up.
My laptop asus u36sd, tested with all 5 different usb sticks don't show up the linux install options.
If i change the linux distro from the usb stick and make a windows 10 usb stick.... works and i can boot from the usb stick... change to linux.... nothing.

How can i disable this "protection" on the bios to allow me to boot linux ?

Note: using the Version 206 BIOS 206

8 REPLIES 8

Linttvar
Star I
I've had similar issues and could only get around it by using a USB DVD drive instead of a USB stick.
The laptop completely refused to boot from any USB stick no matter what options are set on the UEFI.

MOVIE
Star I
Thansk For This information Sir I Really appreciate

brancoana8
Star I
Linttvar

I've had similar issues and could only get around it by using a USB DVD drive instead of a USB stick.

The laptop completely refused to boot from any USB stick no matter what options are set on the UEFI.

View post
But why can't i boot one linux dristro ?

Do a really need to burn a DVD and boot from one external DVD drive to let me install Linux just because of some stupid windows protection ?

adam_hardy
Star II
Hi Guys, is this a problem on all ASUS laptops ?
I'm looking at buying a Zenbook because my gf has one and they seem pretty good, but if I can't put linux on it, then I can't use it. I haven't installed Windows on anything this millenium and I don't really want to start now. Especially since I might get Tiktok installed by default :lol: