This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery capacity rapidly degrading

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
I activated my ZS630KL-S855-8G256G on 11/24/2019. As of 8/09/2020 my battery capacity is at 83%. I never charge overnight and always immediately unplug after hitting 100%. I've heard about others experiencing the same issue. Is this normal for all rog phone 2? What are my options? Is anybody able to offer any advice or info? Thanks in advance

30 REPLIES 30

anthony_j_comi
Star III
SoumyaRS

I still don't understand, how charging your battery to 80% will help increase in battery health?

View post
Lipo batteries are at best keeping between 80% and the lowest at 20% there's plenty of results on Google confirming that the cycles are best at this level and can prolong battery health but I never use accubattery I can just see a difference in lifetime since owning the phone but again I think this could just be software as I noticed my score went up on geekbench too which I was happy about so it could just be using a little more for performance, I could be wrong but I don't think it's that big of a deal it's maybe only shaving off an extra 5-10% a day

ZT959595
Rising Star II
anthony_j_comi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103019#Comment_103019

Lipo batteries are at best keeping between 80% and the lowest at 20% there's plenty of results on Google confirming that the cycles are best at this level and can prolong battery health but I never use accubattery I can just see a difference in lifetime since owning the phone but again I think this could just be software as I noticed my score went up on geekbench too which I was happy about so it could just be using a little more for performance, I could be wrong but I don't think it's that big of a deal it's maybe only shaving off an extra 5-10% a day

View post

I forgot where I read the same information. Li batteries are most comfortable between the 20% - 80% range.
My previous phone was Oneplus 6. Before owning Oneplus 6, I always kept phone plugged in most of the day so battery is almost always above 80%. And every phone's battery started to degrade rapidly after 1 year...I thought this was normal. But by the one year mark, I usually pass the phone to someone else so this did not matter to me much.
Then, I bought Oneplus 6 and read the 20-80% range information. So, for Oneplus 6, I mostly kept it around that range. I used Oneplus 6 for 2 years and battery degradation was MUCH less than all the other phones before it. I was planning to keep using it but I dropped it one night and its screen broke.
Because I need a phone urgently and did not have a backup phone, I purchased ROG 2, which I have been interested for a long time but the price was a bit too high for me, especially when the Oneplus 6 was still working well. Anyway, in the end, I bought ROG 2 despite the high price...was going to wait for ROG 3 but the lack of earphone jack turned me off.
In summary, keep your batter between the 20% - 80% range most of the time. It REALLY does make a difference!

kerainsakurai
Star III
Does the latest update fix the battery issue?

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Please provide us with the Rog 3 feature where we could set the charge limit to 80 percent and charge power to 10W
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS

alferd_tyson
Star I
It might be a bug. you need to see the battery consumption in settings. delete the high battery usage app. if the problem still continues then you may need to reset your phone.
thank you.