Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Google Pay

Vlczech
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1 ZB602KL
Firmware Version: WW-17.2017.2006.429
Rooted or not: original - not modified
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Pay 2.112.312533666
In previous (beta version) of Android 10 (I think, that it was WW-16.2017.2005.082), I was able to pay by Google Pay with my card. In this version I'm not able to pay, because device is not certified. It is quite strange / confused, that in beta version Google Pay is OK, but in next version it is broken.

25 REPLIES 25

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Vlczech
Thank you for your reply. Because your SMMI test is fine, indicating that the hardware is fine. Have you tried the factory reset? If the situation persists after performing the Factory Reset, kindly let me know.

Vlczech
Star III
Screen from Google Pay (translation: failed to set up payments in stores. This device can not be used for payments in stores. It may be because device is rooted or modified.) after clear cache and data of Google Pay and card registration again:
screenshot-20200811-225543.png

uspenskiy_ua
Star III
Same issue here - I am unable to add card to google play to pay in stores. Further checking Safety Net says that 'CTS profile mismatch' does not allow it.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Vlczech & uspenskiy.ua
To avoid any misunderstanding, kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Your current firmware version
2. Did you perform the Factory Reset?
3. Does the issue appear after any system/apps' download or update?
4. Please provide me the video of the issue

Vlczech
Star III
@Christine_ASUS :
I wrote it in the initial post: WW-17.2017.2006.429
I'm not a fan of factory reset, but I did it.
It's still the same
"Finish the setting on a new device / phone":
screenshot-20200818-210703.png
"Card selection - use the one, which is stored in Google account"
screenshot-20200818-210719.png
...Take another screenshot was blocked for security reasons... But I must check expiration of card, type CCV code and check the card holder name, address... After confirmation of this the same result occurred: "Failed to set up payments in stores. This device can not be used for payments in stores. It may be because device is rooted or modified."
screenshot-20200818-210808.png
...And still "Uncertified device" in Google play same as here: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/102893#
...but now the Google Play Store version is: 21.4.15-21 [0] [PR] 325538472