This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which zenbook supports DisplayPort Alt Mode for USB3 Type-C?

adam_hardy
Star II
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

Hi
I'm thinking of purchasing a Zenbook but I definitely need a laptop which I can use with a second display over the USB3 Type-C connection. I know it can run via HDMI but I share the workstation and connector with others so I don't wish to keep finding the cable and reconnecting it.
It seems the information on the ASUS website doesn't include the data in their specifications. Can you help?
I am looking for a 14" 16GB RAM laptop. The UX533FD looks good but isn't for sale anywhere in the UK.
Thanks
Adam
9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Adam,
If the device support display export from USB-C, it will be specified on the specification on the website.
ASUS ZenBook 15 UX533FD | Laptops | ASUS Global 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ (up to 10Gbps) with display support
ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD | Laptops | ASUS Global2 x Type-C™ USB 3.1 Gen 2 (Thunderbolt™ 3)
Thank you.

adam_hardy
Star II
Thanks for the info.
I can't find either of those 2 online in the UK.
I just went through all 15" laptops on www.asus.com/laptops/AllProducts/
and none of them allow the use of support display 😞
Do you have any other 14 or 13" laptops which support display over USB3.1 type-C?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Adam,
Please kindly contact local seller for more detail.
Another reference for you below
ASUS ZenBook S13 UX392FN | Laptops | ASUS GlobalThank you.

adam_hardy
Star II
Thanks, that one was only avaiable as a refurbished unit on the UK store website.
I also found another one myself: UX370UA
You need to tell your website designer to get on the case - not being able to search effectively for this almost cost you a sale here!