Unable to Save videos in Google photos after editing

Vamp
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I001DE
Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Since Android 10 first Beta
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Photos version 5.1.0.320690391
Since Android 10 update I'm not able to save videos after doing basically anything like trimming, rotating or stabilizing the video. After tapping 'save copy' on the upper corner it starts saving and after some time it says "Unable to save changes". I've tried both H.264 and H.256 at every possible framerate and resolution but it never saves. If I stabilize a video in the preview, it stabilizes the video but never successfully saves them.
I've also viewed Google support forms but all of them said that it's OEM problem not the application itself so I just wanna make sure of that. Can anyone else can check for me if they are able to save edited (or stabilized) videos in Google photos.
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vamp

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS_I001DE
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Since Android 10 first Beta
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Photos version 5.1.0.320690391

Since Android 10 update I'm not able to save videos after doing basically anything like trimming, rotating or stabilizing the video. After tapping 'save copy' on the upper corner it starts saving and after some time it says "Unable to save changes". I've tried both H.264 and H.256 at every possible framerate and resolution but it never saves. If I stabilize a video in the preview, it stabilizes the video but never successfully saves them.

I've also viewed Google support forms but all of them said that it's OEM problem not the application itself so I just wanna make sure of that. Can anyone else can check for me if they are able to save edited (or stabilized) videos in Google photos.

Unable to Save videos in Google photos after editing
I got the same issue too and for some reason and I am on a higher version of the application than you.
I have even tried uninstalling so it is restored to factory application, cleared cache and data but the problem still presist.
Though having searching on the Internet for the problem, there's quite alot of forums going round with this issue so I don't think this is only happening to ASUS despite Google saying it's an OEM issue.

Vamp
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32751/unable-to-save-videos-in-google-photos-after-editing

I got the same issue too and for some reason and I am on a higher version of the application than you.

I have even tried uninstalling so it is restored to factory application, cleared cache and data but the problem still presist.

Though having searching on the Internet for the problem, there's quite alot of forums going round with this issue so I don't think this is only happening to ASUS despite Google saying it's an OEM issue.

View post
Hi ronald, thank for confirming...
I know it's just not Asus. Mostly brands like OnePlus and Poco are having this problem, I don't recall about other brands but the comments from the OnePlus are the most and I didn't find any from the Asus'. OnePlus had this issue resolved since last beta so I think it's OEM problem not the software. I also have old Zenfone 3 and even that phone can edit the same video with this version of Google photos.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100443#Comment_100443

Hi ronald, thank for confirming...

I know it's just not Asus. Mostly brands like OnePlus and Poco are having this problem, I don't recall about other brands but the comments from the OnePlus are the most and I didn't find any from the Asus'. OnePlus had this issue resolved since last beta so I think it's OEM problem not the software. I also have old Zenfone 3 and even that phone can edit the same video with this version of Google photos.

View post
I have previously only mentioned this to our devs in an email but since it's still not fixed, I will have to remind them though the proper channels. Thansk!