cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse charging pop-up

fayazbachir
Star I
Hello,
I have reverse charging issues, on my ZenFone max pro M2, it keeps appearing although the charges is at 100% . I have tried to wipe cash partition, boot normally, switch off and on. The pop up disappears only when the charge is plugged in, its like using a desktop at the end with this mobile.

Anyone has a solution ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards

25 REPLIES 25

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi uthunitednations
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Please try clean the debris off the port with compress air can.
The issue of reverse charging notification keep pop-up could cause by various reasons, a common reason is the battery port had too many debris, so that the port keep detect debris or moisture. Please try to clean your port with soft tools (e,g. compressed air can) or bring it back to Repair Center for device checking.
2. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
[Phone/Pad] How to Enter and Exit Safe Mode? | Official Support | ASUS Global3. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

voldemort067
Star I
i heated up my charging port with a hair drier.. turns out it was moisture.. you can try this .. mayb it will work for you.. cheers !
Prior to that I tried out running in safe mode, un-installing apps, hard reset.. nothing worked.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
A wrong temperature of hair drier may lead to another story ending. Please use a dehumidifier.
Thank You-Know-Who for sharing the experience.👍

DamarDipta
Star I
Hello Team

my phone still get a pop up reverse charging notification,then i clean up the charging port and i still got some annoying pop up reverse charge notification,what should i do now?
*note:i dont want to factory reset cuz my phone has so many privacy things

contact me again to damarpradiptayuda0408@gmail.com

thanks

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi DamarDipta
Thank you for your asking. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
If the situation remains the same, I still suggest you to do the Factory Reset. You can back up your device via microSD card, USB cable or google account (Settings>System>Backup>Back up to Google Drive).